Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is James Toney going to Embarrass Boxing by going to the UFC ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is James Toney going to Embarrass Boxing by going to the UFC ?

Lots of reports about Toney wanting a shot in the UFC

Toneys style won't translate well to MMA. That lazy shoulder roll countering rubbish won't work.

Toney would be the first truly big boxing name in MMA and i feel he will get embarassed thus bringing down Boxing at the same time in the eyes of joe public.

That fat **** embarrassed boxing along time ago..............

When he and Freddie Roach were caught using Steroids.

Comment

I'd pay to watch him KO Kimbo.

Comment

I mean he is totally done in boxing and has been for some time, so he is only really going to embarass himself.

Comment

Yeah embarrassing to MMA/UFC, that everyone that is done with their original sport (even sports entertainment), go there like its a retirements home. You cant pull that **** in other sports.

Comment

Man James Toney knows what he's doing, he aint gonna just get his ass kicked, he may get took down but you gotta get close to him first and thats when he lands a shot... MMA is not that difficult people if you can strafe and sprawl and have a stand-up like Toney you can be succsesful.. His shoulder roll may translate to a good take down defense.... ANYWAY I THINK HE CAN BEAT ANY MMA WHO TRIES TO STAND WITH HIM EVEN BROCK!

Comment

you all make me laugh! So what if he wants to fight longer.toney busts likes to fight.I don't think he's broke....how is he going to embarrass boxing? Like ray mercer did when he knocked out former ufc champ tim sylvia in 9 seconds? Ray is 48! Toney won't do much but get a couple small paydays.

Comment

I heard he wants a shot at Brock, that would be horrific

Comment

Kind of, especially considering he's trying to sell himself as a heavyweight champ since he has some random belt(s).

Comment

I'd like to see a good veteran boxer like Toney go to MMGAY and show those rock apes the skills of the sweet science.

Comment

Working...
                    X