Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with this "put his life on the line" crap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with this "put his life on the line" crap?

Why are floyds fans so insistent on using that phrase when discussing the matchup? Has anyone died from a Manny fight? Anyone sustained serious injury? How is it that Morales can fight the guy three times when Manny was in his prime and be perfectly healthy? How about Marquez and his four fights? Barreras two?

People are acting like Floyd would be going up against Manny holding a shot gun, "oh, you really think Floyd is going to put his life on the line and not get any money?" Stop the ridiculousness you pansies. Everyone Manny has fought, lived.

I guess in a way, you are truly complimenting the guy when you say Floyd would be putting his life on the line.

2010 called they want their thread back.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydsLostBalls View Post
      Why are floyds fans so insistent on using that phrase when discussing the matchup? Has anyone died from a Manny fight? Anyone sustained serious injury? How is it that Morales can fight the guy three times when Manny was in his prime and be perfectly healthy? How about Marquez and his four fights? Barreras two?

People are acting like Floyd would be going up against Manny holding a shot gun, "oh, you really think Floyd is going to put his life on the line and not get any money?" Stop the ridiculousness you pansies. Everyone Manny has fought, lived.

I guess in a way, you are truly complimenting the guy when you say Floyd would be putting his life on the line.
      Mayweathers didn't wont any of Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        2010 called they want their thread back.
        The phrase has been repeated throughout the last few weeks. Needs another addressing. What exactly is there to fear here?

Comment

It means I'm scared and I don't want to lose

Comment

yeah It was a complement when Floyd was so terrified of what manny was doing in the ring that he wouldn't fight him without trying to reinvent the whole drug testing system in boxing. Floyd was absolutely terrified of what Manny was doing to guys in the ring. He convinced himself that Manny had to be cheating or he was supermen. Something good did come out of his fear and cowardice though so thats good

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              It means I'm scared and I don't want to lose
              ^^^^This is exactly what Floyd is saying, it why he always fights slow low output low threat fighters.

Comment

Still butthurt Canelo got shut out? Oh, wait. It was a fix right?

How many people had Perez put in a coma prior to Magomed?

Every fighter risks there life every time they get in a ring to fight an elite fighter. and in what will be the biggest money making fight in history, to fight for free would be stupid beyond comprehension.

But **** Floyd right? ......your a sad sad litlle man

Comment

because Floyd's life is that '0'...he would actually be putting that '0' in harms way

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    because Floyd's life is that '0'...he would actually be putting that '0' in harms way
                    Like he has in every fight hes ever had?

Comment

Working...
                    X