Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think mayweather could have handled pacquiao's pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i do. i always put Mayweather as a healthy favorite.

with that said Pac posed the biggest threat at 147 for Floyd.

Comment

The closest mayweather has been to fighting against a fighter like Pac is Ortiz

And Ortiz was hurting him before he gave up on himself. Pacquiao is not going to give up.

Comment

i wish pac instead of leaving hbo for one fight left bob for one fight.

ppl till this day say floyd was/is ducking pac but the truth is floyd hasn't fought anyone aligned with top rank since he was with the company.

an if he does fight 6 fights in the next 30 months not one will be against a top rank fighter that tells me everything i need to know.

btw i got floyd winning a decision over pac but i think it would be close some even calling robbery.

Comment

I struggle to see how Manny could have consistently closed the distance against Floyd. At his peak, with that amazing workrate and speed he could have made it interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
            marquez beats pacquiao because he outhinks pacquiao and can fight at his pace, and eat his shots. I've yet to see Floyd get hit multiple times with the full power of pacquiao the way marquez has. Yeah he took two shots from Mosley, but how about a few of those every round for 12 rounds

Floyd beat marquez because while marquez was thinking(marquez is a thinking fighter, pacquiao is a KO fighter), mayweather was hitting him.

neither of those matchups can decide whether mayweather could slow pacquiao enough to fight him at his pace where he's most effective.

Hatton and Castillo are the only pressure fighters he's fought and pacquiao is better, faster and more resilient than both.
            I am so confused by this post. First off Pacquiao is not a pressure fighter like Castillo & Hatton. Actually he isn't a pressure fighter at all.

This power that you speak of in regards to Manny accumulates over the course of the fight. Have you even considered that Mayweather is a far more dangerous fighter for JMM than Manny is or ever was? Why do you think that JMM has fought Manny 4 times and he has only fought Mayweather once & hasn't even attempted to avenge the loss? If Pac hits so hard and is so dangerous then why has JMM fought him 4 times? Who has Pac ever consistently pressured an entire fight? Having a high punch volume against stationary targets is in no way indicative of "applying pressure". Joe Calzaghe had a high punch volume but he was no pressure fighter.

We all would agree that Mayweather is a better RING GENERAL & a better defensive fighter than JMM so why wouldnt Mayweather be able to nullify Mannys offense?

I am so baffled by your OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
              The closest mayweather has been to fighting against a fighter like Pac is Ortiz

And Ortiz was hurting him before he gave up on himself. Pacquiao is not going to give up.
              when your hurting a guy you don't need to throw a jumping head butt he didn't do it against berto why against floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                when your hurting a guy you don't need to throw a jumping head butt he didn't do it against berto why against floyd?
                Because he's a fucking lunatic.

Comment

There's a reason why Floyd Duck Pac!!!

Comment

Styles are so different that's what makes the fight so intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                      Ortiz WAS headbutting Berto lol weren't you watching

And his style, like pacquiao is to sacrifice defense for offense, except Ortiz is weak as hell.. berto wasn't landing as consistantly or as cleanly on ortiz as mayweather .

Edit: sorry if the original post didn't make sense lol.. typing on a cell phone is a *****
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X