Collapse
No announcement yet.

training in the heat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do it as well since i don't like excuses to stop me from training, i just get a lot of water

Comment

Originally posted by adzy View Post
      whats the highest temperature anyone's trained in? do you think its safe to sweat that much
      i know on a hot day i go through about 3 shirts in one session as they get completely drenched
      I don't know what the hottest was. I used to drop 8-10+ lbs in water weight in the 2-1/2 hour work. It works for some and not for others. I remember working in that gyms heat with sweats and a hoody with a garbage bag on under it. I could ring water/sweat out of every article of clothing that I had on. Learn to thrive in the heat.........Rockin'

Comment

Stay Hydrated and focus on what you're doing. If you focus all of your attention on what you're doing, you won't notice the heat, you may even forget to stay hydrated, so keep checking the waterbottle.

Our Gym gets to be 80-90 degrees pretty quick in the summer, there are a few fans, but they just blow the hot humid air around.

You'll watch some people hovered over the fan or walking outside alot, and other people stay focused on the task at hand. It definately can be a clue as to who the better fighters are.

Comment

Originally posted by adzy View Post
          how have you all been coping training in the heat? did you just leave it or did you battle your way through
          i worked out on day once where it was 80 odd degrees felt like i was about to collapse lol
          any tips on how to cope?
          It was 110 where I live, it was awful!! I'd get out of class and then box in the gym where it was probably 100, it took just about everything out of me.

Comment

*****ing at 80 degree weather?

LMAO

I train in the Vegas heat all day everyday, 100+ on most days so far.

Comment

Working...
            X