Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Boxing be Dead after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    and who gives a **** about who will sell ppv's?? and what do you mean take over?? Boxing has been around for over a century and will always be around..what do you think people will stop boxing and they will cancel the sport??? I do not care if a fight is on ESPN, i am watching
    I only meant there would be a fair decrease in Popularity of the Sport if these 2 would retire and UFC/MMA is growing really fast. Its a shame really but tbh most people can only name Mayweather/Pacquiao when it comes to Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      So.....you, then?
      I know more about boxing then you will ever know son..Boxing is my life, my world..i spend hours in the boxing gym and all i watch is boxing..so try that **** with someone else

Comment

No not with guys like GGG,Thurman, Kovalev, Froch etc still around

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
          I only meant there would be a fair decrease in Popularity of the Sport if these 2 would retire and UFC/MMA is growing really fast. Its a shame really but tbh most people can only name Mayweather/Pacquiao when it comes to Boxing.
          who gives a damn about popularity or who else is watching??

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            I know more about boxing then you will ever know son..Boxing is my life, my world..i spend hours in the boxing gym and all i watch is boxing..so try that **** with someone else
            "Maidana trying to pull a Resto ya'll!"

Comment

There's no one organisation trying to grow boxing (like the UFC). Instead, they have 2 organisations (TR and GB; or TR and Al Haymon) trying to bring down the other. Because of this divide, we get bogus decisions, way too many PPV fights, and fights that the fans dont want.

That is why MMA/UFC is taking over. It's much, much bigger than just Manny and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                No not with guys like GGG,Thurman, Kovalev, Froch etc still around
                No one cares about Thurman and Kovalev and Froch is near his buy/sell date and Tbh no one really knows about GGG too, apart from Hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

No, it will take a bit of steam out of the sport for 5 or so years but with the likes of Mikey Garcia, Canelo, Crawford, Broner etc there are a lot of characters that will keep boxing interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    "Maidana trying to pull a Resto ya'll!"
                    ok and your point??? what i said is the comission has approces a lot of illegal things including Resto's gloves and even Jack Dempseys against Willard....they have approved several drug tests where fighters later admitted to doping..and even approved of illegal wraps

Comment

No one cares about Thurman and Kovalev and Froch is near his buy/sell date and Tbh no one really knows about GGG too, apart from Hardcore boxing fans.
                      Someone will emerge as the next star. People were saying the same **** when Oscar started to come to the end of the road.

Comment

Working...
                      X