Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does PEDs actually do? does it make fighters punch harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does PEDs actually do? does it make fighters punch harder?

I don't get it what does peds do? i know it makes them have more stamina but does it increase their punching power as well?

Originally posted by Southpaw110 View Post
    I don't get it what does peds do? i know it makes them have more stamina but does it increase their punching power as well?
    It would cause a fighter to punch so haaaard... they would actually damn near kill your favorite fighter Paulie in 4.

Comment

In short different steroids have different effects and it would almost entirely depend a lot on your genetics.
      A boxer like say Manny Pacquaio (fast and explosive) will have a lot more fast twitch muscle fibers than a slower concussive puncher in say an Angulo.

In conjunction with boxing training and explosive routines yes I imagine there would be some increase in punching power, how much is anybodies guess but they certainly wouldn't turn you from a Paulie to a Tommy Hearns.

Its a very complex subject and its not really known to my knowledge if you can change the fibers from one to the other, you can however increase them ofc

Maybe somebody else could give a more definitive answer but in regards to punching power exclusively I am not sure its something that has been widely researched.

Comment

Increases physical strength. Increases speed and stamina. Increases punching power. Increases confidence and predatory instinct.

Comment

Enhance performance !!!

But seriously it depends on the fighter, different types of ped do different things as well. Some can make you more dynamic and explosive, which can mean harder punches, and like you mentioned, some give you more endurance fight day.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Increases physical strength. Increases speed and stamina. Increases punching power. Increases confidence and predatory instinct.
            This more or less nails it, also decreases recovery time of the body.

Comment

The main use is enhanced recovery, you could train for hours on end day after day with a lot less recovery required.

Comment

I'm beginning to question these posters.....some
                Of them
                Know a bit too much about PEDs

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  I'm beginning to question these posters.....some
                  Of them
                  Know a bit too much about PEDs
                  Watch this dude

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                    The main use is enhanced recovery, you could train for hours on end day after day with a lot less recovery required.
                    This^. PED's can help you gain whichever trait you want - be it, endurance, power, speed etc. It all depends on what the fighter trains for. If you lift weights for explosive strength and power, well most fighters can lift those weights once every 2/3 days because theyre body needs to recover. The fighter on PEDs can lift weights for longer durations EVERYDAY, which is twice or thrice more than the clean fighter - so of course they will find themselves in new territory as far as explosive strength and power goes. Alternatively they could train for endurance like all the cyclists did.

To reiterate: PED's do what you want them to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X