Comments Thread For: Aydin, Guerrero Make Weight; Nearly Come To Blows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Aydin, Guerrero Make Weight; Nearly Come To Blows

By Jake Donovan

On a day where all principles involved in a televised show made weight, drama still couldn't escape the podium in San Jose, California.

Selcuk Aydin and Robert Guerrero both successfully made weight for their SHOWTIME-televised headliner Saturday evening at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. However, tension ran high as their respective camps nearly came to blows while sharing the stage during Friday's weigh-in, which was open to the public.

Aydin weighed in at 146.5 lb, while Guerrero was well within the welterweight limit at 145.75 lb. The weight serves as a career-high for Guerrero, who moves up from lightweight while on the heels of a 15-month layoff.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Aydin! Aydin is going to dismantle him. Guerrero seems like a nice person, except for all the smack talking hes been doing lately. Anyway, lets hope this isn't a career ending fight for him.

Anyone have the weigh-in video?

Comment

"dismantled"? That's a bit of a stretch if you ask me. He has a chance to win, and that's only because we don't know how Guerrero will do at 147. Not to take anything away from Aydin, but let's be real here, every time Aydin has stepped up against remotely decent opposition he's looked very limited, and had very sub-par performances. He's a top 20 fighter at best, IMO. The only advantage he has in this fight is being a true, full blown welterweight whereas Guerrero is not.

Comment

Weigh in tussle.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Weigh in tussle.
          Sweet thanks!

Comment

Lets go Aydin.Cant stand Robert with his new attidude just expecting a Mayweather fight on the basis off beating no one.He is coming off a 1 year 3 month layoff and while a big 135 lber 2 weight divisions is still quite a jump on Aydins side he has only beaten European level comp,can be outboxed and gasses but hopefully his power can negate these factors i think Robert should pull it off but hoping Aydin can upset odds

Comment

Guerrero should be more supported, sad what happened to his wife who has cancer I believe, and a payday would be good for him. But this whole WWE-type set-up storyline by GBP to get him the Mayweather without earning it simply because he is a Golden Boy fighter is pretty dispacle and boxing would be better off if it doesn't pay off for him and Golden Boy. Hope Aydin beats him

Comment

Looking for Guerrero to make a statement and whup Aydin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                  Guerrero should be more supported, sad what happened to his wife who has cancer I believe, and a payday would be good for him. But this whole WWE-type set-up storyline by GBP to get him the Mayweather without earning it simply because he is a Golden Boy fighter is pretty dispacle and boxing would be better off if it doesn't pay off for him and Golden Boy. Hope Aydin beats him
                  its only going to be guerrero and aydin in the ring its up to floyd who he fights everyone knows that he can vacate this belt and probably will but this fight puts guerrero in a position for some great fights if he smashes this dude and i do believe he will forget the hype this has never been done in the history of the sport if he does this he deserves the big money fights hope he proves all the haters wrong he will take this guy out it wont go the distance i say four or five rounds at the very most from the looks of the weigh in it might not make it to the second round all the questions will be answered in a few hours lets dance

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Weigh in tussle.
                    lol Don King and his fucking flags

Comment

Working...
                    X