Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand how Khan survived against Maidana.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know when Cortez stopped Maidana from KOing Khan.

Maidana had 8 full minutes to KO Khan. Not only did he fail, but he lost the 12th round against a glass chinned, rubber legged Amir

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Khan wobbled his way to victory.

Khan is able to absorb better punches when he sees them coming ala Maidana and Peterson.

When he has gotten knocked down or out it is usually on a counter he doesn't see.
      Spot on. And that's Khan's main weakness right there.

The guy gets caught with those shots because he has no anticipation whatsoever of what's coming back. Most guys who like to throw combinations in the pocket have some understanding of what's coming back after each shot and are already moving to avoid it after they throw themselves.

Khan doesn't. He fights like he's on the heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
        I want to know when Cortez stopped Maidana from KOing Khan.

Maidana had 8 full minutes to KO Khan. Not only did he fail, but he lost the 12th round against a glass chinned, rubber legged Amir
        Wow Maidana must have pissed in your tea. You seem so angry that Maidana has racked up some good wins and his boxing career's future currently looks more promising than Khan's. Also that he would likely destroy Khan in a rematch. I mean Diaz was close to doing it so, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X