Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion what is the state of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk where you guys are getting your info/numbers but UFC is not even close to Boxing fanbase globally.

Comment

I think boxing is generally declining. There are a lot of really good fighters out there, but I don't see many great young fighters. Who will be the next Ali, Leonard, Duran, or Mayweather? I don't know if I've seen any young fighters out there with the potential to be placed among boxing's elite. The constant horrendous judging is also really bad for boxing. It makes boxing lose what credibility it has left.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        I think boxing is generally declining. There are a lot of really good fighters out there, but I don't see many great young fighters. Who will be the next Ali, Leonard, Duran, or Mayweather? I don't know if I've seen any young fighters out there with the potential to be placed among boxing's elite. The constant horrendous judging is also really bad for boxing. It makes boxing lose what credibility it has left.
        This happens with every generation in Boxing. When Ali retired there will be no one to carry boxing, when Sugar Ray Leonard retired, when Tyson retired, when Oscar retired, etc, etc.

I do agree with you about the judges though. Referees and judges will always be a constant problem in combat sports imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          It goes up and down, every 5 years. When Mayweather and Pacquaio retire, it'll be a big blow to the PPV numbers, but new stars will replace them. Boxing will never die. So I voted stagnant. But I'll actually say it's growing a bit at the moment, just slowly.
          Just like the economy.

Comment

Working...
          X