No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Sides With Schaefer: We Don't Need Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bajingo View Post
    Yep. Golden Boy as we know it will be gone by the end of the year. Al Haymon fighters will all go to either Mayweather Promotions or some new company involving Schaefer. Golden Boy keep Canelo and a few others, and have to rebuild.

Hopkins owns a significant amount of shares in Golden Boy so this could actually be significant from him.
    Agree with what you said but it seems that even though Bernard and Shaeffer own shares their still riding with Haymon and Espinoza, It seems that Oscar is the one outside of the group.

Conspiracy theory of mine is they rushed the Lara ( Haymon ) / Canelo ( Strictly GB ) fight in July so Lara can pick apart Canelo which will drastically cut his marketibility going forward even if they go their separate ways Oscars left with Mares who last fight got KO and Canelo who'd have lost 2 of his last 3. Not much to work with.

Check Mate Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
      Yeah lets keep acting like Schaefer is some kind of genius along with AL, meanwhile the company they run is sinking fast.

Oscar needs to clean house and save boxing.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Bob Arum is actually healthy for boxing, lives underneath a rock.

I agree the new era of promoters are putting and investing new momentum in the sport and that has been heralded by Mayweather, Schaefer, Hopkins, Haymon, and their partners.

Bob Arum lashing out like a toddler proved that his money is dwindling, his power in the sport is of no more. His fighters are leaving him, trying to break away from signing extensions. The only idiots he will keep on his banner is Pacquiao and Bradley (who was dumb enough to give his wife managerial powers over his career). Rios, Mikey Garcia, Chavez Jr. are all going to leave as well as Rigondeaux. I hope Crawford gets out of Top Rank as well, at least get a contract that give him lee-way to move on from it.

Bob Arum killed the 2010 fight and robbed the B side of the bill, that information is public knowledge now. So that is why many are leaving, plus look at Mayweather, Cotto, and De La Hoya. They left they became bigger names and much more wealthier, managing their own careers and paid off their mysterious debts.

Comment

Read: I dont want nuthin of Kovalev

Comment

He wasn't saying that when he fought pavik and his career was resurrected.

As soon as GBP got some leverage power, by getting Floyd back, they turned on HBO and top rank.

Let's not forget that. GBP is run by pure trash.

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
              Yeah lets keep acting like Schaefer is some kind of genius along with AL, meanwhile the company they run is sinking fast.

Oscar needs to clean house and save boxing.
              If you're counting on ODLH to save boxing, Then you're in for one hell of a crude awakening.

Comment

147, 160, 168 and LHW could explode if they'd come together

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                  Hopkins sides with the person paying his paycheck, not exactly hard to understand why.
                  He's a partner.. and it was Oscar who took him in. Interesting how it's always a Pacquiao avatar that defends a guy who robs the fighter that support and doesn't know the political and business playing field of boxing.

It's obvious that Top Rank is dying or at least losing considerable influence in the sport. When your up and coming fighters are wanting to leave, and the owner is yelling out "he's being bullied" to feign for sympathy, that's when you know they are not needed.

Comment

Mayweather vs Pacquiao equals probably the biggest fight in boxing history. Also GBP n Top Rank can make a lot more fights that fans want to c. I understand working with a scumbag isn't easy but I do believe at the end of the day GIVE THE FANS WAT THEY WANT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
                      Anyone who thinks Bob Arum is actually healthy for boxing, lives underneath a rock.

I agree the new era of promoters are putting and investing new momentum in the sport and that has been heralded by Mayweather, Schaefer, Hopkins, Haymon, and their partners.
                      The new promoters who you mentioned are all under one company so pretty much by your logic GBP should have every fighter with zero competition from anyone else right...Since you went on a huge tirade about how bad bob is, then explain to me why it's not just bob who has trouble with schaeffer, why does duva, dibella, the guys from k2, banner, and so forth all have publicly had issues with Schaeffer. I can understand if everyone in boxing was crowing about Arum, but they aren't..they do business with Arum...most of those other guys do zero business with GBP but arum is the problem? Arum has like 2 to 3 years left in the sport, so when he's gone what'll be the next excuse? Arum in retirement breaking the game?

Comment

Working...
                      X