No announcement yet.

How would GGG do at Super Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would GGG do at Super Middleweight

Since it is more than likely he will move up there at some point in his career, this is more of a projection. How would Gennady Golovkin do if he were to move up to the super middleweight division and fought guys more his size? Gennady looked very big compared to Curtis Stevens in his last bout.

Hopefully we seee this soon. So many saying hes avoided and this and that but im sure the 168's would be inviting to a match. He does have unfinished business at 160 though.

Comment

He goes to Germany and gets TKO's by Stieglitz.

Comment

Originally posted by KidKwik View Post
        Since it is more than likely he will move up there at some point in his career, this is more of a projection. How would Gennady Golovkin do if he were to move up to the super middleweight division and fought guys more his size? Gennady looked very big compared to Curtis Stevens in his last bout.
        Well you gotta remember stevens is very short hes like 5'6

Comment

Hopefully he KO's Ward. But his power would probably decrease at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Hopefully we seee this soon. So many saying hes avoided and this and that but im sure the 168's would be inviting to a match. He does have unfinished business at 160 though.
            See the problem that I see with him at 160 is there aren't a lot of people, especially the titleholders, who are looking to fight him. So although he still has fighters to prove himself against, I don't see him being able to at this weight, no one wants it from GGG

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            He goes to Germany and gets TKO's by Stieglitz.
            Haha! GGG has an iron chin man if anyone's getting TKOed its Stieglitz.

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Well you gotta remember stevens is very short hes like 5'6
            True

Originally posted by Calm down mate View Post
            Hopefully he KO's Ward. But his power would probably decrease at the weight.
            Y'know, I can't really call it with Ward's chin. A flush shot from Golovkin will hurt the best of em, but in my opinion the jury is still out on Ward's chin so I wouldn't be surprised to see GGG put him out

Comment

He does not fare too well lol

Comment

I'd worry he'd suffer the same fate as Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  He does not fare too well lol
                  Care to explain?
                  Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                  I'd worry he'd suffer the same fate as Abraham.
                  Why?

Comment

Originally posted by KidKwik View Post
                    Care to explain?

Why?
                    Obviously because of Stieglitz, the most avoided 168lber in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X