No announcement yet.

without the head butts,elbows ,holding and hitting plus low blows,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    This^^^^^^. And lets throw in that Bradley's head has been such an issue that the ref's even mention it in the locker room/pre-fight instructions, not to mention it's pretty much his calling card whenever a fight of his is approaching. Ward? Nah, he just knows how to effectively maul a fighter, and does it in a far more "cleaner" manner than B-Hop.

Personally for me the little tricks dont bother me(hitting on the thighs, holding and going to the body), thats just part of the game. But holding behind the head to let off a series of blows DOES bother me, and sending 3-5 good shots after the bell DOES bother me. Even low blowing to get yourself outta trouble bothers me. To me, thats just going too far.

Whats funny is I see alot of praise for Robert, and the nasty tactics he used last night(Berto was guilty of some himself, but Robert DID make it that kind of fight, and the ref somewhat allowed it), but when Floyd cold c0cked Victor for being a dirty mvther****er, you coulda swore that Floyd had reveiled himself as the anti-Christ himself, from the posts on here. I find that odd.
    The bias goes both ways. If Berto were the dirtier fighter and he won, those guys would be screaming and crying for weeks. Pot calling the kettle black, nothing new on this site. The same people crying about double standard are some of most biased people on this site.

Comment

AGREE! BUT ONE REAPS what they SEW. And Berto was busted for PED's so i could care less.

But what i do love is how EVERYONE and thier brother's sons cousins mother are like I LOVE GERRERO!!! ALL of his closet fans have come to praise him lol!

Should there be a all aboard Tim Bradley Express as well? LOL my word get a gip you guys.

Terrible ref honestly.

Terrible tactics.

Against a cheat. so in a way good! but it would have been a more solid win if Gerrero proved he has some skill to do it. But i could care less, never liked BERTO so this a seller match for me.

Gerrero vs Bradley next! clash of the 5 Head vs The crab claw combo!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
        without the head butts,elbows ,holding and hitting plus low blows, Berto would have won the fight with ease. The ref was clearly inexperinced. Robert even threw multiple Punches after the final bell. The reff should have took control of the fight in round one. Robert did what he had to do, im not blaming him at all. I blame the ref. Robert also thumbed Berto on purpose. If it was a stand alone foul, maybe it would b considered. An accident, but when you add it to punching after the bell, low blowing punches, holding and hitting, head butting and throwing elbows, it becomes very clear, Robert cheated his way to victoy. I know some of hou are blind to the rules of boxing and will label me with negative names but everything that i stated in this thred is fact.
        Cry Berto a river... tell him to stop using PEDs

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Are u serious? Hopkins is regarded as one of the most blatant holding and headbutt cheats in boxing. Not sure about Ward, Hopkins seems much worse.
          Pretty much this. HBO even says that Hopkins uses dirty tactics but gets away with it because he knows how to get away with it. People are trying to spin this into a race thing all of a sudden. Alexander is a boring fighter. All he does is throw and clench and repeat. I can't stand people who uses cheap tactics in the ring to win but really it depends on whether the ref will let it slide or not and this ref did.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
            without the head butts,elbows ,holding and hitting plus low blows, Berto would have won the fight with ease. The ref was clearly inexperinced. Robert even threw multiple Punches after the final bell. The reff should have took control of the fight in round one. Robert did what he had to do, im not blaming him at all. I blame the ref. Robert also thumbed Berto on purpose. If it was a stand alone foul, maybe it would b considered. An accident, but when you add it to punching after the bell, low blowing punches, holding and hitting, head butting and throwing elbows, it becomes very clear, Robert cheated his way to victoy. I know some of hou are blind to the rules of boxing and will label me with negative names but everything that i stated in this thred is fact.
            LMAO..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              The bias goes both ways. If Berto were the dirtier fighter and he won, those guys would be screaming and crying for weeks. Pot calling the kettle black, nothing new on this site. The same people crying about double standard are some of most biased people on this site.
              Agreed. WTF is this upside down Sunday?????

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                Agreed. WTF is this upside down Sunday?????
                No it's just BoxingScene.

Comment

People on this forum have become soft. You see two men go to war in the trenches and you cry about it afterwards?

Comment

So your complaining about a featherweight bullying and using rough house tactics against a natural welterweight who calls himself "The Beast".

C'mon son. It's like a 6th grader complaining to the teacher about getting bullied by a third grader.

This is professional ****in prize fighting. If you notice you have a ref that allows things to happen, adjust. Berto being the bigger/stronger man with faster hands should have welcomed this fight. What happened to him going to "take Guerreros manhood".

The better man won. Deal with it.
                    Last edited by -PBP-; 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      Cry Berto a river... tell him to stop using PEDs
                      Wtf does PED's have to do with this fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X