Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: King of the 140 Pound Hill!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather: King of the 140 Pound Hill!

While it was admittedly tough watching Floyd Mayweather thoroughly annihilate and pummel New Jersey’s favorite son Arturo Gatti this past Saturday night in Atlantic City, as an unbiased boxing purist I’m compelled to note the fight’s beauty and poignancy.
    [details]

No he isn't the king of the hill

Is Floyd Mayweather the best fighter at 140? Probably. Is he the king of the hill? Definately not. Ricky Hatton is. You WIN championships, you don't get them handed to you for looking impressive. And lets be very careful with how much we hype up Floyd. People thought Roy Jones and Mike Tyson were unbeatable at the times of their first defeats. Paquiao was looking pretty unstoppable after his win over Barrera. We thought Shane Mosely was practically unbeatable until Forrest came along.

Hatton earned the linear championship at 140 by beating champion convincingly. I would pick Floyd to beat Hatton, but he is not "king of the hill at 140" until he actually does it.

Comment

No he isn't the king of the hill

Is Floyd Mayweather the best fighter at 140? Probably. Is he the king of the hill? Definately not. Ricky Hatton is. You WIN championships, you don't get them handed to you for looking impressive. And lets be very careful with how much we hype up Floyd. People thought Roy Jones and Mike Tyson were unbeatable at the times of their first defeats. Paquiao was looking pretty unstoppable after his win over Barrera. We thought Shane Mosely was practically unbeatable until Forrest came along.

Hatton earned the linear championship at 140 by beating champion convincingly. I would pick Floyd to beat Hatton, but he is not "king of the hill at 140" until he actually does it.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, I got an error message the first time

Comment

Working...
        X