Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Vows Bloodbath: Kessler Took Everything From Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I would ever say that I will be live in attendance at Carl Froch fight, rooting for him 100% over Mikkel Kessler.

How times change.

Froch is prepared to die in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      I am originally from South Africa so I am speaking from a neutral point of view and not from a no bias one - let me put it this way a few points Calzaghe beat a fresher undefeated Kessler and Froch lost to a not best of condition Kessler - I watched Froch against Taylor and until Taylor ran out of gas for 11 rounds he owned Froch, .

Urban myth, it was actually a split decision going into the 12th round, the US pundits had it a split decision exactly going into the 12th round, and the 12th round wa a 10-7 round, so Froch would have won even on points.

Dont make stuff up...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I never thought I would ever say that I will be live in attendance at Carl Froch fight, rooting for him 100% over Mikkel Kessler.

How times change.

Froch is prepared to die in there.
        indeed they do change. i remember once questioning you as to how you could 'hate' a fellow so good for the sport as Froch. now you're a fan, whether you can bring yourself to speak the words or not. :-)

Comment

Man I wish i could go to this fight:/. How is this not gonna be aired on HBO or Showtime? Really? This is one of the best fights boxing could have made. They're okay with having Bundrage-Smith, Matthysse-Dallas, Hopkins-Cloud, and Malinaggi-Mosely headline but they don't want to air this!? God..

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            indeed they do change. i remember once questioning you as to how you could 'hate' a fellow so good for the sport as Froch. now you're a fan, whether you can bring yourself to speak the words or not. :-)
            I knew it was you Welcome back.

Froch rubbed most of us up the wrong way when he came on the scene. That's mostly the reason for the heaps of negativity he had when he first came.

I can understand what he was trying to do but for something that seemed so, poor, frankly, to be acting the way he did just aggravated most, including myself.

Always respected him though, always.

As for the last sentance...Slowly, but surely

Comment

Sorry I can't agree with that as Joe beat the then best pound for pound fighter in Lacey and say what you like Lacey was considered by the whole boxing world at that time as the best that all changed when Joe beat him and Lacey was never the same fighter again - another point he beat Kessler which Froch has lost to Joe then went on to win a world title at 2 weight divisions he also beat who Hopkins in the USA and we have all seen what Hokins has achieved since losing to Joe becoming a world champion so don't give me that was an old Hopkins as that don't wash, and as a rookie Joe gave us a classic agianst Eubank and in my Books one of the best fights I ever enjoyed, Froch's record can never reflect that no matter what he does
              Where exactly was Lacy on the pfp list? he certainly wasn't No.1 iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Where exactly was Lacy on the pfp list? he certainly wasn't No.1 iirc.
                Jeff Lacy has never been on the P4P list.

Comment

I watched Froch against Taylor and until Taylor ran out of gas for 11 rounds he owned Froch, Froch only got the KO because Taylor was out on his feet so any fighter with pure boxing school will beat Froch because he is one dimensional as he is a strong lad who can take a punch but will lose to any fighter who has pure boxing talent eg lost to Kessler and Ward and got out fo jail aginst Tyalor all boxers have outboxed Froch -Caalzghe would do the same but even more convincingly than the othrs I have just mentioned
                  Taylor was outboxing early Froch but he gassed in the mid-rounds (7-8) not round 11.

Calzaghe always wins the fantasy fight (almost everyone does v Froch) but it's one I'd like to have seen in the ring to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Don't bet the farm on that concept
                    Kassler will lose. this is the time of the Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I knew it was you Welcome back.
                      thank-you, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X