No announcement yet.

Bam Bam Interested in JMM Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    he's almost 40. He deserves a championship in a 4th weight class.

Why would he take such a tough fight? no one knows Rios, he has no belt.
    Everyone dick rode Peterson for turning down Marquez for more $. I think Marquez should do the same. He should turn Rios down and chase a fight worth more money (which shouldn't be hard to do) and lets see if everyone dick rides Marquez on how buisness savvy he is....

infact most people here want him to fight tough ass fights in which no one gives him a shot at winning anyway. Everyone thought he would lose to Peterson, Bradley, Pacquiao, Khan, etc

and a lot of people think he'll lose to Rios.... I think he deserves more respect than to have his career ended by somebody that sounds like he has downs.

He's been fighting hard fights for a while. Hell harder fights than Pacquaio. yet he doesn't make a 4TH of what Pacquiao does..... while Pacquiao fights soft ass fights.

so NO I don't want to see this fight or the Alvarado, Guerrero fights ....
    I want him to make as much $ as possible with as little risk as possible. He deserves it. The only 2 tough fights I would find acceptable would be a 4th Pacquiao fight or Peterson, but he's too busy making savvy buisness decisions with Khan
    I would also like to see him get a shot at a 4th title.

But there's no one available. Dallas Cowboy stadium has to be a real event.

Should he just sit out then?

Brandon Rios just looks like a crazy difficult guy to beat. I just try to imagine if Rios lands what Kats landed if JMM could take that.

Not sure. makes me interested in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Rios is a bit of a monster man.

Even if JMM is on his game he will struggle.

He struggled vs Diaz and Kats.

Rios bigger and stronger then both.
      Rios is bigger and stronger but he doesn't bullrush like Diaz and Katsidis. Look what happened to Katsidis once he slowed down, Marquez took him apart.

Rios is a grinder, he doesn't bull into his opponents but stalks and imposes his will and that won't work against Marquez, Marquez is too experience and too good to let that get to him.

If you're going to pressure Marquez you better do it like Diaz did in their first fight, if you do it like Rios and allow Marquez the time and distance to think and plan, you're going to have a long night.

Comment

People look too deep into things. The fact is, JMM " DOES" get hit. If he gets hit by Rios the way, or as many times as Diaz hit him, the fight is over. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          I would also like to see him get a shot at a 4th title.

But there's no one available. Dallas Cowboy stadium has to be a real event.

Should he just sit out then?

Brandon Rios just looks like a crazy difficult guy to beat. I just try to imagine if Rios lands what Kats landed if JMM could take that.

Not sure. makes me interested in the fight.
          Well to be fair Marquez has also received hard shots from Pacquiao and always got up, and even though I think Pacquiao is not the great think Bob Arum has made many people think he is, he has great power and is able to hurt guys that are bigger than hm.

Rios is a heavy hitter, but Marquez has faced many heavy hitters including Pacquiao, Katsidis, Barrera, Salido, Juarez, etc...

Comment

It's a battle of how much leather RIos can eat before Rios can overwhelm him and stop him(don't think it will happen unless a huge gash opens). Thing that worries me is Marquez tends to get drawn into a war, he may have gotten away from Diaz but Rios is a much bigger puncher and stronger.

But I'm going to have to go with Marquez, his resilience is impeccable and while Rios may score a KD Marquez will turn into a killing machine. Marquez via a bloody decision or rd 11/12 stoppage.

Technical prowess and high ring IQ > youthful power and resolve.
            Last edited by Phil Ivey; 02-10-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Don't want to see this fight.... Rios doesn't even have a belt @ 140.

as meaningless as they are. Marquez should only fight Champs.
              **** belts. This is the kind of fight boxing needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                It's a battle of how much leather RIos can eat before Rios can overwhelm him and stop him. Thing that scares me is Marquez gets drawn into a war, he may have gotten away from Diaz but Rios is a much bigger puncher and stronger.

But I'm going to have to go with Marquez, his resilience is impeccable and while Rios may score a KD Marquez will turn into a killing machine. Marquez via a bloody decision or rd 11/12 stoppage.
                Getting Marquez knocked down is not good, he always gets up and fights even better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                  Getting Marquez knocked down is not good, he always gets up and fights even better than before.
                  A very strange phenomenon. Marquez always gets back on his feet and starts kicking A$$.
                  Gamboa to a much smaller degree has done similar.
                  Last edited by damit305; 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

rios will get a steady dose of JMM leather if he fights the same way he has been fighting...

JMM is too smart to be drawn by rios into a firefight at close range...

anyway, how would a fight between brandon rios and the late edwin valero play out?

Comment

So he wants to be knocked the **** out? Just kidding. I see JMM winning by K.O, but a great fight for Brandon Rios.

Comment

Working...
                      X