Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs. Thomas Oosthuizen at 168

Likely on HBO January 19.

http://www.goldengloves.co.za/boxing...e-garden-bill/

Golovkin is a powerful but small middleweight and has no business at 168. Oosthuizen is a talented young supermiddleweight who doesn't need an KO loss at this point in his career.

HBO ruins fighters from other countries by putting them in bad matchups. The had Ricky Hatton move up a weight division to fight a southpaw Collazo, Sergey Dzinziruk move up to fight Sergio, and talented up-and-comer Gregorsk Proksa fight Golovkin instead of a beatable opponent.

All those guys want to be on HBO in the US, so they'll agree to it.

Golovkin should fight a top middleweight. Oosthuizen should get another year's experience at 168 and then take a lucrative fight with some of the names in that weight division.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 11-02-2012, 08:46 AM.

link for this?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      link for this?
      I can't post the link here, it's on the rival boxing website ESB.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Likely on HBO January 19.

Golovkin is a powerful but small middleweight and has no business at 168. Oosthuizen is a talented young supermiddleweight who doesn't need an KO loss at this point in his career.

HBO ruins fighters from other countries by putting them in bad matchups. The had Ricky Hatton move up a weight division to fight a southpaw Collazo, Sergey Dzinziruk move up to fight Sergio, and talented up-and-comer Gregorsk Proksa fight Golovkin instead of a beatable opponent.

All those guys want to be on HBO in the US, so they'll agree to it.

Golovkin should fight a top middleweight. Oosthuizen should get another year's experience at 168 and then take a lucrative fight with some of the names in that weight division.
        Do you think Oosthuizen looks at it as a bad matchup or an opportunity?

If a fighter is given an opportunity to fight on the biggest stage of boxing, at least in the U.S., but isn't good enough to win or be competitive that's HBO's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I can't post the link here, it's on the rival boxing website ESB.
          Googled it, found it
          Looks like I'm going to NY in January
          http://www.goldengloves.co.za/boxing...e-garden-bill/

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
            Do you think Oosthuizen looks at it as a bad matchup or an opportunity?

If a fighter is given an opportunity to fight on the biggest stage of boxing, at least in the U.S., but isn't good enough to win or be competitive that's HBO's fault?
            Was Dzinziruk's career better or worse after he fought Sergio?

Is Proksa's future career better or worse now?

Oosthuizen is still young and improving. HBO wouldn't want to put Mitchell and Wilder in with Wladimir in 2012 would they? They are older than Oosthuizen. But the decision-makers at HBO realize they would be ruined by a KO loss early in their career.

Comment

I'm surprised.
              Golovkin is giving up reach, weight and height.
              I don't know what Golovkin's is... but Oozy's is 78

Comment

There is a huge difference in size between them two

Comment

No MW for GGG? Eh it feels forced and there are bettet matchups for both.

Comment

Can't say I hate the match-up, but definitely not one that I ever contemplated.

Comment

Working...
                    X