No announcement yet.

Elvir Muriqi vs. Clinton Woods today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF.

Just confirms what a **** performance Woods put in against Tarver.

I'd go as far as to say that is the most disappointing performance by a fighter I was rooting for has put in ever since I've followed boxing.

I like Woods he is a nice chap.

Comment

I thought Tavoris Cloud was the mandatory for Dawson after winning the eliminator with Gonzalez...

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...=Fight:1318020

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...5656&cat=boxer

But the commentators were saying this was an IBF eliminator, and Woods is now the mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        WTF.

I'd go as far as to say that is the most disappointing performance by a fighter I was rooting for has put in ever since I've followed boxing.

Woods is underrated. he wont beat dawson though

Comment

I like Woods, i think hes a a little underrated. I wouldnt give him much of a chance against Dawson though.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            I thought Tavoris Cloud was the mandatory for Dawson after winning the eliminator with Gonzalez...

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...=Fight:1318020

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...5656&cat=boxer

But the commentators were saying this was an IBF eliminator, and Woods is now the mandatory?
            Maybe Cloud's team don't think he is ready for a title shot and forfeited his position. I thought Cloud would fight Woods and winner would get Dawson. But I guess not now.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              what's this being billed as? "The Battle of Tarver's Bitches"?
              LMAO. But seriously what happened to Tarver?....He schooled Clinton Woods in what many thought would be a 50-50 fight only to look shot to **** against Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                It seems it was an 'eliminator' for the #2 spot in the IBF rankings (Cloud is #1). Quite what benefit that's supposed to bring, I'm not sure - a fight against Cloud?

Woods is quite capable of beating anybody in that division bar B-Hop and (probably) Dawson. A B-Hop fight won't happen now, of course. He needs to get Chad soon otherwise he'll just be priced out no matter what he does in the ring; Clinton has never been a huge draw even in the UK despite having a far better record than many that draw much bigger audiences. This one was in a bloody hotel, for f**ks sake. OK, it's a very nice hotel but it shouldn't be confused with any Vegas 'hotel' venues - the capacity was about 600, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post

Clinton is a good dude, no doubt. One of my friends knows him personally and confirms that he's a thoroughly nice guy.

I heard something about one of Woods' closest friends tragically dying right before the Tarver fight when Clinton was in the US. Not much has been said about it, but I think it's highly likely to have affected his mental state quite dramatically, hence the bad performance against Tarver. I can't put his performance down to much else besides illness, or the death of his friend. Clinton obviously isn't an elite fighter, but he is nowhere near as bad as what we saw that night.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
                  Last edited by S A M U R A I; 02-14-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    Clinton is a good dude, no doubt. One of my friends knows him personally and confirms that he's a thoroughly nice guy.

I heard something about one of Woods' closest friends tragically dying right before the Tarver fight when Clinton was in the US. Not much has been said about it, but I think it's highly likely to have affected his mental state quite dramatically, hence the bad performance against Tarver. I can't put his performance down to much else besides illness, or the death of his friend. Clinton obviously isn't an elite fighter, but he is nowhere near as bad as what we saw that night.
                    definetely I agree, something was up.

He was very empty.

Th worst thing was. That he could take Tarver's punches like they were biscuits, and he was eating them all night flush. So if he turned up, he probably would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                      Maybe Cloud's team don't think he is ready for a title shot and forfeited his position. I thought Cloud would fight Woods and winner would get Dawson. But I guess not now.
                      That's exactly what's going happen, there has been talks of Cloud facing the winner of the Woods/Murqui match.

Comment

Working...
                      X