Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: We Landed Cleaner, Sergey Kovalev Was Not Effective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultravividscene View Post
    I agree to a point. The point being that all the close rounds were given to Ward. The 10th was clearly Kovalevs and he outlanded Ward by a distance, bossing the round yet no one scored it for him. All the other rounds Ward was judged to have won there was maybe one punch difference either way, therefore close, and all could have gone either way if not shared.

Rewatch the 10th...
    I don't score fights watching them live. But I thought Kovalev won a very close fight. But wasn't surprised or outraged that Ward got the decision. It was a close fight that warrents an immediate rematch. I don't have a problem with folks thinking Kovalev deserved the nod. But all this robbery talk is stupid. Neither guy clearly or convincingly beat the other.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      They were actually pretty close in connects. And if you take away the 2nd round, Ward outlanded Kovalev. Just because Kovalev punches harder doesn't mean Ward's shot don't count. You're also totally disregarding Ward's body work. It was coincidence that Kovalev slowed down in the second half of the fight.
      You think the slaps to Kovs body slowed him down??

I think anyone with a pair of eyes could see it was the cheating and grappling Ward does. That will tend to tire you out a bit.

Comment

Why oh why is Andre allowed to cheat all the time. Do the refs not know the rules of boxing. It's clear in black and white.

I'm disgusted by what happened last night.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
          Yes....Biased Internet "Fanboys" crying about how THEY, KNOW MORE about boxing than the professional BOXing JUDGES, who ALL judged it the SAME. so I guess 3 to 1, that means Ward wins anyway.
          If it were 3 professional boxing judges from Russia, all three scores would have been 117-111 Kovalev.

Anyone arguing that boxing judges know more about boxing than anyone else need to go watch Jones gold medal loss in Korea again.

'But they were biased Korean judges....' you will cry. Then we can tell you how they are professional boxing judges and all had it the same, ergo you must be a fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by ultravividscene View Post
            I guess if you call throwing less, landing less, moving backwards, being knocked down and being on the receiving end of the harder, more impressive shots effective then yes i have to agree Virgil
            Exactly what I was thinking... but then Uncle Virgie thinks he's the zen master of boxing. Complete loser, who's only had one cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
              No! Just say it was a close fight that the judges saw in our favor. No need to lie to yourself or the public.
              Exactly. Zen Master Vurr-Jill must be taking lessons from Abel. LOL

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by hitking View Post
                They were actually pretty close in connects. And if you take away the 2nd round, Ward outlanded Kovalev. Just because Kovalev punches harder doesn't mean Ward's shot don't count. You're also totally disregarding Ward's body work. It was coincidence that Kovalev slowed down in the second half of the fight.

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                And if my aunt had two balls and a **** she'd be my uncle.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Kovalev outwork and outland Ward in the second half as well. Didn't realize you scored a fight by the pace they are set at. Guess you learn something new everyday.
                I'm sure this will go on in blogs for decades, but Kovalev definitely came to fight, did fight, landed more, and dropped Ward. AND he was champ. This was a classic example of a Vegas fix.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                  Yes....Biased Internet "Fanboys" crying about how THEY, KNOW MORE about boxing than the professional BOXing JUDGES, who ALL judged it the SAME. so I guess 3 to 1, that means Ward wins anyway.
                  Are you actually admitting you weren't suspicious of 3 exact same score cards, in Vegas, American won vs long reigning foreign champ, who dropped Ward and battered him, and out landed him. No alarms going off in your head? Wow, I'm pretty open no matter how the fight goes, but geez you're either hiding something or you know very little of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Kovalev won that's fight, and pretty ****ing convincingly. I actually predicted Ward to win a controversial win, but this was beyond that. This was a complete utter joke. Den Rafael is right, Ward should not get P4P after winning like that.

If he had any class he'd fight Kov in Europe and with no ****ing American judges. See what happens.

Ward fans should be ashamed trying to defend this decision. If it wasn't other way around all we'd hear us racism.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman was dick riding Kovalev all night.HBO wanted him to win.Kovalev you being Russian had nothing to with you losing

Damn lie. ****ing nobody saw that's decision coming.

Ward did not do enough to unseat the champion.
                    Your last line says it all. No way in he!! Ward won.

Comment

they arent looking at each other cards, so they saw the same thing, they are professional judges, and they saw the exact same thing, and judged it the same way. But boxing has conspiracy theorists, that everything is fixed and nothing is fair, remember if you drop someone thats only one round, all rounds are judged independently of the other rounds, then you add up the scores, just some people believe, that if its a close fight and their guy doesnt win...It had to be robbery, Ward landed a higher percentage of his punches also, so kitty didnt get points for swinging and missing...and his fanboys are crying, remember not that long ago (mayweather vs pac), punch stats couldnt be trusted...

Comment

Working...
                      X