No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Injuries, Conspiracies & Floyd-Devon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorily
    I agree with everything, however I think it most definately SHOULD matter what the fans think. A lot, in fact. Contrary to Bob Arums "I don't give a **** what the fans want" and Floyd Mayweathers "the fans don't take care of my kids" - the fans very much DO pay their bills. And even though we sometimes have to wade through the obviously hate filled or ridiculous conspiracy theories, it still matters. The problem is when the people complaining the loudest still turn around and buy these fights, giving the Bob Arums, GBPs and Floyd Mayweathers etc. etc. the satisfaction of high (enough) numbers, the results are a "who gives a ****, they'll buy it anyway" never ending cycle. If the main event isn't good enough to sell itself, the pitch becomes "look at the great undercards we have". Whatever happened to "it should have a great undercard anyway" theory? I'll stop here though, because undercard discussions are a whole other monster in itself. Let's just say, I get what these promoters are doing. They aren't rich for no reason. We made them rich, and we continue to make them richer.

We need to make ourselves matter more. But beyond furiously stroking their keyboards in outrage, it doesn't seem that the majority (so far) is really standing up against these issues. The only way for us to stand up is to stop buying these fights we don't believe in. The business of boxing has put boxing fans in a ****ty predicament. We just want to watch GOOD fights. Unfortunately for now, it will continue to be "You'll get what we give you and if you don't like it ".
    The way technology is nowadays, with all the streams floating around, you would think people would stand up for themselves and say screw this junk but they don't. They keep buying all the crap thus making the promoters and fighters give us **** events all year round.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Without fans paying one way or another there

would be no professional boxers.

There would be no purses.

Floyd is too good and too inactive to fight easy no chance fighters

If he wants to make money he has to have a compelling opponent.

Alexander had no shot and should have 3 losses.

His run away from the pocket while throwing punches with only intentions

to hit gloves is a joke.

Floyd fight who u want, but u ain't making **** against Alexander.

Comment

I think Floyd vs. Alexander would do decent business. The problem is Mayweather fights are more than just professional boxing events. His fights are like social gatherings and its expensive to get tickets.

The people that are buying the tickets and buying the PPVs aren't hardcore boxing fans. A large percentage of them are socialites. I think your still looking at 800,000-1 million PPV buys and an $8-9 million gate.

Comment

if the Cinnamon Bun, Drops out of May 4th, there will be
          Lot's of empty seats a the MGM, and FRAUD's PPV #'s will
          be in the Toilet!!!

Comment

IF (and I say IF emphatically) FMJ really does fight Alexander, I think it's the perfect fight to make a stand against. Atleast most of his other opponents have had some kind of element of intrigue (future HOF, known warrior etc.). Alexander brings nothing, nada, zero, zip. His only fan base is in St. Louis, and I'm not even certain that fan base is all that great anymore.

IF FMJ fights Alexander you can be absolutely certain there will be very popular Mexican fighters on the undercard, with huge followings. Don't know if it will be Canelo as he's stated that he wont do anymore undercards with Floyd unless he's promised a fight with Mayweather in Sept. I personally think GBP will promise Canelo ANYTHING at this point (whether it's true or not) to get him to fight on this undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
              Without fans paying one way or another there

would be no professional boxers.

There would be no purses.

Floyd is too good and too inactive to fight easy no chance fighters

If he wants to make money he has to have a compelling opponent.

Alexander had no shot and should have 3 losses.

His run away from the pocket while throwing punches with only intentions

to hit gloves is a joke.

Floyd fight who u want, but u ain't making **** against Alexander.
              Who wants to see a Sparring Session for $60.00???

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I think Floyd vs. Alexander would do decent business. The problem is Mayweather fights are more than just professional boxing events. His fights are like social gatherings and its expensive to get tickets.

The people that are buying the tickets and buying the PPVs aren't hardcore boxing fans. A large percentage of them are socialites. I think your still looking at 800,000-1 million PPV buys and an $8-9 million gate.
                With no Cinnamon Bun, your #'s are a JOKE!!!

Comment

Working...
                X