Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward, who some say is #2 p4p, and others claim is better than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am one that had Ward as high as Mayweather because Mayweather is too careful with who he fights. But Ward took that long layoff and at least Mayweather is staying busy.

Comment

Ward is a cheating bastard, he's scared to fight anywhere else than the US. He's the p4p #1 grabber and head butter. Can't respect the way he beat Kessler, other wins were legit though, luckily he switched it up after the criticism, but as a Kessler fan I'll never forget how he got hustled in jOakland.,

Comment

He shouldn't even be #2 P4P. Highly over rated at the moment.

Comment

ward is highly over rated. very dirty fighter.

if you are talking about boxing ability then how could anybody rate andre ward higher than rigondeaux?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            ward is highly over rated. very dirty fighter.

if you are talking about boxing ability then how could anybody rate andre ward higher than rigondeaux?
            If you're talking that, (the original pfp meaning), there are only 2 fighters alive who could even share the same ballpark as Rigo. Ward and Floyd. Unfortunately for Rigo, pfp's new meaning is for show and a popularity contest. But htat is not Ward's fault in the slightest.

Comment

Ward better hope for 3 fights this year because 2 won't be enough he has beaten pretty much everyone at 168 I think he will move up soon he's just looking for big winnable fights that would make him set for life and make him more popular. I reckon he'll be fighting at 175 by the end of next year.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Ward has serious skills but he also depends on being very physical on the inside where he has a massive advantage at SMW. He wouldn't hold that advantage at LHW.

Mayweather doesn't rely on being physical at all which is why moving up in weight hasn't fazed him at all. I just wish Mayweather would really cement his place at 154 lbs because I think he beats everyone there.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I agree Ward should move up. So let's get that out of the way. And he's not better than Floyd so there is no argument for him being #1 at the moment.

But in all fairness, Floyd didn't CLEAN those divisions out which is what Ward has done at 168. His run at 140 was basically nothing.
                  Mayweather "cleaned out" 130 at least as much as Ward has "cleaned out" 168.

Comment

And I don't see how Ward's number #2.

How are you going to be P4P #2 when you don't have a meaningful win since 2011?

Comment

How can Ward be any higher than he is when he fights less than Floyd and last win was Edwin frikkin rodriguez he can barely maintain #2 as it is if Bradley beats Pacquiao this time id put him ahead of Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X