Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point if you can't see the gap in skills between Canelo and Chavez Jr then nobody can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Because I'm focusing on the EUROs at the moment. Also I said 154lb or 160lb meaning it was not a lie just uncertainty on my part.
      Never said 160 for either fighter. Besides 154 is clearly make able for Floyd. Nowadays I wouldn't want Pacman to fight Martinez, or Floyd. He clearly isn't on that level anymore, (if he ever was to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        At this point if you can't see the gap in skills between Canelo and Chavez Jr then nobody can help you.
        A rather large exaggeration. Gap in skill?? Chavez is maybe the best pressure fighter in all of boxing.

Comment

If Chavez didn't have so much controversy surrounding him lately, I would gladly vote for him.

But the refusing to be tested against Martinez, ducking a post fight test against Rubio, refusing to weigh his gloves and the post fight drug test controversy against Lee, just about does it for me with this kid.

I was a fan and use to always root for him, but the tide has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            If Chavez didn't have so much controversy surrounding him lately, I would gladly vote for him.

But the refusing to be tested against Martinez, ducking a post fight test against Rubio, refusing to weigh his gloves and the post fight drug test controversy against Lee, just about does it for me with this kid.

I was a fan and use to always root for him, but the tide has changed.
            I can dig that. I feel the same. Luckily the fight isn't in Texas. I'm sure Vegas is gonna keep pre fight-post fight testing by the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              A rather large exaggeration. Gap in skill?? Chavez is maybe the best pressure fighter in all of boxing.
              If you'd seen Vernon Paris vs Tim Coleman, you'd have noticed a large gap in skill between him and a crude brawler like Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                If you'd seen Vernon Paris vs Tim Coleman, you'd have noticed a large gap in skill between him and a crude brawler like Maidana.
                So what does Vernon Paris & Tim Coleman have to do with the proposed gap in skill between Chavez & ginger again?? You kinda lost me at "If you'd seen".

Comment

You're trolling right? He ain't even on Matthysse's level as far as educated pressure goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    You're trolling right? He ain't even on Matthysse's level as far as educated pressure goes.
                    Really?? I guess we'll leave that there. If you cannot see how good a pressure fighter Chavez is, there's nothing left to say.

Comment

Never said 160 for either fighter. Besides 154 is clearly make able for Floyd. Nowadays I wouldn't want Pacman to fight Martinez, or Floyd. He clearly isn't on that level anymore, (if he ever was to begin with).
                      And 154lb is clearly make able for Ortiz seeing as he actually has a bigger frame than Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X