Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your reaction when Tarver KO Roy Jones Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was going to make it up until he slumped forward on his knees. Then I was disappointed, but also thought.. finally Roy got a taste of his own medicine, after all he had ended the careers of so many boxers in similar fashion in his time.

Comment

Shocked and amazed. At that time I thought Roy was the greatest since ALi.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Loved Roy but knew he was going to lose and prob get KO'ed. Had been telling my boys for weeks and they were shocked that I would think such a thing. Anyway, they all were over for the fight and can attest that, after the first round, I walked away from the TV and didn't come back. Sure enough, the fight was over a couple min later.
        Roy actually looked good in the first round and won the round imo. However, it was all down hill from there...at least Roy gave Tarver another shot after he gave Roy a tough fight the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          you're only kidding, right?
          No, it's a true story.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
            Roy actually looked good in the first round and won the round imo. However, it was all down hill from there...at least Roy gave Tarver another shot after he gave Roy a tough fight the first time.
            I know he won the first round but he took an aggressive stance and that's when I knew he was screwed. Both he and Tarver are counterpunchers but once he started coming forward (doing what doesn't come natural) I knew he fed into the hype. In the second round, Tarver began coming forward as well and you could see Roy trying to respond. His overzealousness is what lead to him getting dropped.

Comment

Comment

i was shocked. i couldnt believe it but it happens to the best of them.

Comment

Working...
                X