No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Cuba Rivalry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico vs Cuba Rivalry

should that be the new Rivalry? now that PR boxing is basically dead?

Cuba has been owning us so far too...... with the exception of Molina vs Lara robbery

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
    should that be the new Rivalry? now that PR boxing is basically dead?

Cuba has been owning us so far too...... with the exception of Molina vs Lara robbery
    Really who have they been owning? And naw i think the pr rivalry is dead but the new one should be against the pinoys

Comment

Originally posted by el.azteca View Post
      Really who have they been owning? And naw i think the pr rivalry is dead but the new one should be against the pinoys
      gamboa beat up solis,siri, and ponce although the ponce fight ended weird

abril owning rios.....also a lot of cubans are saying lara will beat up canelo etc

and i Never understood the rivalry with Phillipines i mean they only got Pac Man who might be on the juice....from featherweight all the way up to heavyweight they only got 1 champ/contender and it's pac....

Comment

there's potential big fights out there:

rigondeaux/mares

alvarez/lara

gamboa/garcia

abril/demarco

even solis/arreola

there's also young guys like angelo santana, alexei collado, and rances barthelemy.

Comment

gamboa beat up solis,siri, and ponce although the ponce fight ended weird

abril owning rios.....also a lot of cubans are saying lara will beat up canelo etc

and i Never understood the rivalry with Phillipines i mean they only got Pac Man who might be on the juice....from featherweight all the way up to heavyweight they only got 1 champ/contender and it's pac....
          nonito donaire and brian viloria. viloria's last 3 victims were mexicans. poor giovani, poor giovani......

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            nonito donaire and brian viloria. viloria's last 3 victims were mexicans. poor giovani, poor giovani......
            yeah and both got owned by Mexicans too and are trained by them as well.......

not to mention those two fighters fight at those midget weights that i'm not too fond of

Comment

Thery have fought multiple times. Viloria got owned by two mexicans and owned mexicans ass well. Also the up and comers. And donire. Also nietes has fought multiple mexicans. De leon vs bautista was hyped up too. Thats becoming a hot rivalry. Cubans only have about 5 fighters and thats it

Comment

Thery have fought multiple times. Viloria got owned by two mexicans and owned mexicans ass well. Also the up and comers. And donire. Also nietes has fought multiple mexicans. De leon vs bautista was hyped up too. Thats becoming a hot rivalry. Cubans only have about 5 fighters and thats it

and IMO they are by far greater gamboa,rigondaux are two of my favs to watch

Comment

there's potential big fights out there:

rigondeaux/mares
                  alvarez/lara
                  gamboa/garcia
                  abril/demarco
                  even solis/arreola

there's also young guys like angelo santana, alexei collado, and rances barthelemy.
                  word, with the exception of Abril/Demarco, these are all match-ups that I would like to see....I'd like to see the "Irish" Cubans, Alexei Collado and Luis Garcia n em begin to start making the transition to the states as well...I see them both quakin' s**t in the next few years...

Comment

yeah and both got owned by Mexicans too and are trained by them as well.......
                    yeah but he is currently a world champ. he rematched romero who beat him twice and stopped him. it's kind of like pacquiao/morales. morales beat him the first time but pac came back and stopped him twice after. pac had the last say in that trilogy.

not to mention those two fighters fight at those midget weights that i'm not too fond of
                    it's still boxing though man. one of mexico's greatest, ricardo 'el finito' lopez was minimumweight champ most of his career.

yeah but all those cuban fighters are good. there's plenty of filipino fighters that come over here to the us or mexico and get their ass kicked by decent mexicans. thing is though, there's only a limited amount of filipino names in boxing right now. the ones that are known, viloria, donaire, and pacquiao are all winning now. well expect pacquiao, but it says he's 'winning' on paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X