Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Gay Marriage is legalized do we need to redefine marriage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    Why? Why is it ridiculous?
    I have to explain why it is ridiculous to equate consenting adults with one consenting adult and one non-human (and thus non-consenting) animal?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      They could use that argument, but it would be a ridiculous one.
      they would do that, nothing is rediculous once people start saying it's an opinion.

Expect Zoophiles to be the norm in 50.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        they would do that, nothing is rediculous once people start saying it's an opinion.

Expect Zoophiles to be the norm in 50.
        That's unintentionally hilarious.

Comment

That's unintentionally hilarious.
          lol it's true though, once you open the bounderies for things like this it's a matter of time before having a sexual preference is even considered normal.

FFs you can't even say "normal" anymore in school without some ****** telling me "define normal". So what can you do other than walk around pissed off all the time.

Basically Facists living in a democracy..

I like to think of myself as human, not some "body" going to watch a parade of men dancing around and hugging each other in their psychologically messed up state. (referring to gay pride parades).

i don't agree with Gay Marriage and it has nothing to do with "Religion" I think it takes away the idea of being a human being and stoops more to the level of emulating animals. It's my opinion.
          Last edited by them_apples; 05-09-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I have to explain why it is ridiculous to equate consenting adults with one consenting adult and one non-human (and thus non-consenting) animal?
            Wait so now this is all about sex? (your argument)

Comment

No, it's about entering into a legally binding contract, which is what marriage is.

Comment

He's trying to convince himself that being gay is perfectly normal, and anything with an animal is so much farther off. Truth is, both of those preferences are the happening's of a physiologically unstable person.

Even if there was scientific evidence that being gay is normal (which there isn't any legit evidence) then we would have to take into account people that eat feces compulsively, people that cut off their own fingers and eat them etc..and say that they were born that way (and that it's their choice and they aren't hurting anyone else). It's more extreme yes, but if people are going to look at everything in a facist narrow minded matter, then that has to be brought into consideration.

Comment

No, it's about entering into a legally binding contract, which is what marriage is.
                  that's a relationship. According to the dictionary, it's specifically states it's between and man and a woman.

Comment

For what reason does one get married? What is the purpose of marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      He's trying to convince himself that being gay is perfectly normal, and anything with an animal is so much farther off. Truth is, both of those preferences are the happening's of a physiologically unstable person.

Even if there was scientific evidence that being gay is normal (which there isn't any legit evidence) then we would have to take into account people that eat feces compulsively, people that cut off their own fingers and eat them etc..and say that they were born that way (and that it's their choice and they aren't hurting anyone else). It's more extreme yes, but if people are going to look at everything in a facist narrow minded matter, then that has to be brought into consideration.
                      Are you suggesting that people would want to marry the faeces? Are they betrothed to the amputated digits? What is your point?

that's a relationship. According to the dictionary, it's specifically states it's between and man and a woman.
                      The current western definition of marriage places it as a legal contract between a man and a woman entered into freely by both parties. The redefinition is a minor one, allowing other romantically involved couples to benefit from the same protections as heterosexual couples. If you disapprove... don't go to any gay weddings.

I can't believe how difficult that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X