No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson Vs Comeback Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tyson Vs Comeback Foreman

This Matchup is one of my all time fav fantasy fights.. And should have happend.

Personaly i think George KOs Tyson within 8 rounds, Tyson was a machine and a great fighter in his Prime, But was hardly tested in a Brutal fight until he met Buster Douglas, Foreman is on a diffrent level, he could take punishment that would put 99.9% of men in Hospital.

I see Mike Coming out fast looking to KO Foreman but Foreman surviving, by round 3-4 George will Begin to Push Mike away and throwing Big uppercuts while Mike comes in, Mike was open to Uppercuts, once Foreman would Land one of those bombs Mike would be in trouble.

Thats My Opinion Though, Lets Hear Yours.

ROOSTER

This is much tougher to me than I would think it would be. Comeback Foreman was way too slow and not mobile enough to withstand Tyson, but he also would not go down. There is an extreme likelihood Comeback Foreman would die on his feet, but one nice right hand drops Tyson and leaves him on the canvas for that 10 count.

I'll say Tyson wins a TKO where George's health comes into play and the ref cannot let the fight go on.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

This is a video i just filmed off the TV from one of my old fight tapes, i just put it on Youtube and thought id share

Comment

I think Tyson would be all over him like a rash. I understand the view that George may withstand an early storm and ko Tyson later on in the fight.

I just dont see him getting past the first half of the fight tho. I can see a similar ending to Tyson v Bruno 1. With Tyson unloading with bombs and Foreman being saved by the ref.

Even though it was a good fight, lets not forget how many shots Holyfield landed on George. A prime Tyson hits faster and harder than Evander thats for sure.
        moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

It's hard to say what would have happend. Be interesting to see how Tyson would react being forced onto the back foot by big George and also how Foreman reacts to Tyson's speed.
          The press release at the time seem to indicate that a Tyson - Foreman match up was going to happen in 1990. Tyson was to fight Douglas and after supposedly destroying Douglas, he was to face either Foreman or Holyfield. Given that Douglas was able to beat Mike in 1990 I would favour Foreman's chances pretty well at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
            I think Tyson would be all over him like a rash. I understand the view that George may withstand an early storm and ko Tyson later on in the fight.

I just dont see him getting past the first half of the fight tho. I can see a similar ending to Tyson v Bruno 1. With Tyson unloading with bombs and Foreman being saved by the ref.

Even though it was a good fight, lets not forget how many shots Holyfield landed on George. A prime Tyson hits faster and harder than Evander thats for sure.
            If we're Talking Tyson 85 Vs Foreman 91.. Then I see it very similar to your good self, but in about the 10th or 11th.. No one would'a beaten Tyson in the mid 80's & I include Ali & Louis or a prime Foreman in this equation to.. He took my breath away.. No one ever did that either! Too fast, too spiteful & able to fight for 15 if need be.. He'd have been too much for a 40 year old Foreman.. Prime Foreman may have held on til the end, but would have still lost a wide DC.. The only way I see George doing a number on him, is if they'd fought one another during the 90's.. For example, if the Tyson who beat Brian Nielson fought the Foreman who beat Gerry Cooney, then Tyson gets KO'd mid way...

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              If we're Talking Tyson 85 Vs Foreman 91.. Then I see it very similar to your good self, but in about the 10th or 11th.. No one would'a beaten Tyson in the mid 80's & I include Ali & Louis or a prime Foreman in this equation to.. He took my breath away.. No one ever did that either! Too fast, too spiteful & able to fight for 15 if need be.. He'd have been too much for a 40 year old Foreman.. Prime Foreman may have held on til the end, but would have still lost a wide DC.. The only way I see George doing a number on him, is if they'd fought one another during the 90's.. For example, if the Tyson who beat Brian Nielson fought the Foreman who beat Gerry Cooney, then Tyson gets KO'd mid way...
              Its hard to imagine that Foreman would be able to tag someone with the reflexes of a prime Tyson. I think a prime Tyson was quicker than the Ali that beat George.

I find it hard to imagine any fighter beating a prime Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                I don't think Tyson would have been too successful fighting 15 rounds. He was not very confident in his abilities to go the distance and started pacing himself by the fourth and fifth rounds, thus rarely scoring any knockouts past the early rounds.

Old George may have been too slow but he was incredibly strong and may give Tyson some problems because of that. No one could make him take a step backwards and that includes Holyfield, Moorer, Morrison, Briggs, Cooney, Stewart, Cooper...

I could be entirely wrong with this comparison but I think the fight would go much like the Tyson-Bonecrusher Smith fight did except Foreman would show a lot more heart and make it more competitive. Smith had a couple of decent moments whenever he let his hands go but he mostly chose to hold onto Tyson the whole night, making it perhaps the most boring heavyweight title fight of all time.

Comment

Foreman would also get through Tyson's peek-a-boo defense with some of those sneaky uppercuts that he used to throw. His jab was so powerful that it used to go past the defense of his opponents', even if they blocked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                    It's hard to say what would have happend. Be interesting to see how Tyson would react being forced onto the back foot by big George and also how Foreman reacts to Tyson's speed.
                    The press release at the time seem to indicate that a Tyson - Foreman match up was going to happen in 1990. Tyson was to fight Douglas and after supposedly destroying Douglas, he was to face either Foreman or Holyfield. Given that Douglas was able to beat Mike in 1990 I would favour Foreman's chances pretty well at that time.
                    That wouldnt have been a prime Tyson to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                    X