No announcement yet.

Iphone 5 benchmarks beat all Android handsets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piye View Post
    You can do anything you want on iPhone if you know how.
    Oh but if Apple sees it, it voids warranty. Great...

Comment

So the Iphone 5 beat the S3 by getting a lower score? WTF LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
        Oh but if Apple sees it, it voids warranty. Great...
        I see people say this all the time but who really gives a shit if it voids the Apple Warranty? Most people would break the phone before something goes wrong internally.

If you actually have a technical problem with the phone after jailbreaking, just restore it to factory settings before you send it to them. There is absolutely no way for them to tell that you did anything if you restore it to factory settings.

Comment

http://bgr.com/2012/09/17/iphone-5-b...s-iii-nexus-7/

Purported early benchmark test results for the iPhone 5 have appeared online, suggesting that Apple’s (AAPL) latest iPhone will be among the best-performing smartphones on the market when it launches later this week. According to the tests — which may have been performed by a reviewer testing the device for the first round of iPhone 5 reviews expected to be published on Wednesday evening — Apple’s new iPhone managed a score of 1601, more than twice that of the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 5′s score also topped Apple’s latest iPad by a huge margin, and it bested Samsung’s (005930) Galaxy S III running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as well as Google’s (GOOG) Nexus 7 running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 9to5Mac notes. The Galaxy S III running Android 4.1 scored a 1781 on the test. If authentic, the benchmark test results also confirm that the A6 processor in the iPhone 5 is clocked at 1GHz and that the new iPhone includes 1GB of RAM, which BGR reported this past July.

.........As expected.

Comment

The S3 with 4.1 beat the Iphone though.

I don't get the article or this thread.
            Last edited by Mule Deer; 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

the iPhone 5 is the superior handset made of aluminium not plastic, has the power button on the top not the sides where your hand will grip it every time you hold the handset. It has the superior app set by far!! Tom navigation has been out for years on ios, Nike plus GPS, Simpsons tapped out etc all come to iPhone first.

The iPhone is the best mobile device for gaming as it clearly has the best games, looks the nicest not like a big slab of plastic work faster in standard uses than The S3.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
                You mean your boyfriend. I am pretty sure you have no wife nor would you ever allow her to have an Android phone. Looking at your history, all you do is create Apple threads. What a sad man.
                If this is true that's sad.

Comment

the iPhone 5 is the superior handset made of aluminium not plastic, has the power button on the top not the sides where your hand will grip it every time you hold the handset. It has the superior app set by far!! Tom navigation has been out for years on ios, Nike plus GPS, Simpsons tapped out etc all come to iPhone first.

The iPhone is the best mobile device for gaming as it clearly has the best games, looks the nicest not like a big slab of plastic work faster in standard uses than The S3.
                  If you have one of those ugly otterbox cases on your I phone then who cares that its aluminum vs plastic? S3 might feel cheaper because its made of plastic, but that doesn't change the fact that its a superior phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    I see people say this all the time but who really gives a shit if it voids the Apple Warranty? Most people would break the phone before something goes wrong internally.

If you actually have a technical problem with the phone after jailbreaking, just restore it to factory settings before you send it to them. There is absolutely no way for them to tell that you did anything if you restore it to factory settings.
                    Unless you brick it

Then you are tied into a 24 month contract on a brick.

Who wants to have to mess around with doing that **** just to be able to get near the customisation you get on a stock android?

Even successful jail broken iphones are laggy and prone to crashing.

They are not designed to be customized, buy something that Is

Comment

I'm sure the Iphone is great for some people. It's a solid, good looking smooth phone. If any top phone was laggy today it wouldn't be considered a top phone. They are all fast and efficient.

Bottomline for me though. Google maps GPS. It's unbeatable and free.

Widgets. I have 7 pages on my current phone (HTC Rezound), and every screen has at least one widget with 5 of the screens having full screen widgets. Weather widget, email widget, calendar/to-do widget, twitter/facebook news feed widget are all widgets I could no longer be without on a phone.

Out of the box customizing. Can't be beat with android. You can turn your phone into something totally different by simply going to google play and downloading a launcher for free. Is it an absolute must? I guess not, but it's fun/cool to be able to change everything around and look at something different as if you got a totally new phone.

I could go on, but those are the main reasons I stick with android and not ios. Everyone is looking for something different in a phone. Android fits my needs..
                      Last edited by Mule Deer; 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X