Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROIDWEATHER!!!!! One of the best article i have read in some time!

Comment

• Wow Mayweather tested positive MULTIPLE times in a cover up.

And Morales tested positive MONTHS before this got "leaked" and the fight still went on.

Looks like Golden Boy is pulling strings for all the PED cheats in their stable.

Notice the trend?

Peterson asks for "OSDT" and tests positive

Berto asks for "OSDT" and tests positive

Mayweather asks for "OSDT" and tests positive in a huge cover up. Well damn, looks like Floyd played you guys for a fool.

Comment

• 77 pages and mostly Mayweather fans posting.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          If true this puts light on why Floyd refuses to fight anywhere other than Vegas.
          So there's a part that says Vegas doesn't generate the most money? Tell me more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            I respect what you are saying but it is so hard to implement in the sport of boxing which has no universal body so rules vary in different countries.

And that doping and it's many forms are extremely hard to catch effectively without 365 days a year testing, and people will continually keep trying to beat the system. So while you might catch a dozen or so dopers people will just slip through the system.

I know supplements and PED's a very different, but how do we define what is right to use in sports and what isn't if someone takes supplements effectively and someone else doesn't at all the supplemented person still has an athletic advantage in a sport where inches and the tiniest percentage matter.

The quickest and easiest way to level the playing field would be to legalise PED's. The moral and historical argument of whether PED's are fair (especially to athletes from the past who's achievements will be lessened) is a different story.
            But what you're ignoring is that PEDs distort performance to the extent that the importance of individual quality is hugely undermined.

Now it depends on the sport, highly technical sports like soccer will not see third rate players turned into elite players no matter what PEDs they take.

But for sports like cycling, or running (short or long distance), you essentially turn the sport into a battle between laboratories, because differences in the quality of coaching are utterly irrelevant in the face of differences in the potency of drugs.

Yes, as things stand differences in expertise in the area of nutrition and supplementation do make the playing field less 'even', but declaring open season on PED usage magnifies those differences a thousand fold.

The difference between a libertarian stance on PEDs and something like a libertarian stance on the drugs prohibition, is that we know we have come nowhere close to applying the best policies we know are possible when it comes to PEDs.

When best practice fails, we can say that testing has become pointless. But until we do so, we're just giving up before we've really begun to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              So is this yet more proof that between african americans, mexicans, and puerto ricans, the latter are the cleanest guys in this sport?
              USADA found high levels of estrogen in orlando cruz samples.... so far..

Comment

• I'm not implying there is no drug use in boxing, but on the topic of fighters fighting longer there is something else that should be mentioned.

The life expectancy here in Australia in 1970 was 71. By 2010 it was 82. That's a 15% increase in 40 years. If you picked a species in nature at random and ascertained the difference in life expectancy from one generation to the next, I doubt you would find a 15% increase. Better nutriution and other factors that are causing us to live longer could also be helping boxers to fight for longer.

Comment

• Comment

• I think athletes should be able to use whatever they want to enhance their performance provided it doesn't harm anyone else. If they want to use anabolic steroids to increase their size and strength, let them. If they want to use hGH to strengthen their tendons so their bigger muscles don't tear off their bones, let them. If they want to use blood doping to improve their endurance, let them. If they want to use painkillers to allow them to push through when they wouldn't normally be able to, let them.

And let them do it under physician's supervision. And let those physicians compile all the data they can from what those athletes are doing.

We would learn so much about health and fitness by doing that. We've got a whole population of human guinea pigs willing to destroy themselves, we might as well put them to good use.

Drugs and chemistry are part of the human body and sports FOREVER.

It hasn't been truly pure since the 50's. And it will never be pure again.

High-echelon athletes will always look for a competitive advantage. Studying more, that's a competitive advantage. Watching your diet, that's a competitive advantage. Hitting the weights in a way that improves your performance, that's a competitive advantage. Hitting the jackpot genetically, that's a competitive advantage.

Athletes who are fighting for a spot or are trying to win are going to look for something else. They're going to try the latest designer drugs, they're going to try the latest techniques, anything they can to get an advantage. They're going to look for ways to get around the rules and bypass the tests whether it's a fake schong filled with a non-user's piss or a drug that's undetectable by current standards.

There's no way to put the drug genie back in the bottle. If you're trying to be the best in your sport, you're going to feel pressure to take something because as far as you know, everyone else is already doing it and you're already on an uneven playing field.

Comment

• can someone briefly tell me what excuse the Mayweather Fanatics are using?

i'm not going to read through 77 pages

Comment

Working...
                      X