• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Another from the comments:
    leave no man behind for chrissake...

Comment

The man was climbing Mt Everest alone. I feel sympathy for him in that he died in such a horrible fashion, but to lay any sort of blame on others for his death is childish and simplistic.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        The man was climbing Mt Everest alone. I feel sympathy for him in that he died in such a horrible fashion, but to lay any sort of blame on others for his death is childish and simplistic.
        yeah man, when you actually make the decision to do that kind of task - you need to understand the risks involved....and i have no idea why there are anybody who want to defend him, because they should be dead - or rather live as hypocrites.

Comment

and it's so weird - i wish my favorite poster would post here but they dont......

spartucas sully - cool man

squealpiggy- an ignorant fck- but cool...

the bringer- he speaks outf his arse but not his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
            yeah man, when you actually make the decision to do that kind of task - you need to understand the risks involved....and i have no idea why there are anybody who want to defend him, because they should be dead - or rather live as hypocrites.
            The thing I noticed is that the people that were raising the most legitimate criticisms for not rescuing him are also the hardcore expert climbers. According to them, Everest is also a circus now and most the people up there don't really belong there. So, the probably many of the people that were up there (probably including the guy who died, who was on his third failed attempt to reach the summit) were in the camp of those who didn't really belong there, and therefore couldn't have done anything. There probably were climbers present who perhaps could've done something, but they were probably taking care of all the tourists, and wouldn't have been able to do it alone, but would've had to risk the lives of their charges (they go up in individual parties, not all as one big group).

Comment

The thing I noticed is that the people that were raising the most legitimate criticisms for not rescuing him are also the hardcore expert climbers. According to them, Everest is also a circus now and most the people up there don't really belong there. So, the probably many of the people that were up there (probably including the guy who died, who was on his third failed attempt to reach the summit) were in the camp of those who didn't really belong there, and therefore couldn't have done anything. There probably were climbers present who perhaps could've done something, but they were probably taking care of all the tourists, and wouldn't have been able to do it alone, but would've had to risk the lives of their charges (they go up in individual parties, not all as one big group).
              hmm, ok i understand your response....but ummm - are there going to be " so and so " percentage of exptert climbers on your team.....99% fck no....unless you're a multie trillionaire.....

Comment

Discovery Of George Mallory's body (caution - old dead body here)
                http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a8_1315723100

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
                    hmm, ok i understand your response....but ummm - are there going to be " so and so " percentage of exptert climbers on your team.....99% fck no....unless you're a multie trillionaire.....
                    No, and that is the point. There'll only be a couple.

In the good old days, Everest probably would've been climbed by the experts only. Now it seems that it's a tourism spot, more or less. One of the expert climber commentators said as much, calling it a circus up there and saying that he doesn't even read about Everest and pretty much tries to block it out.

Comment

If you read through the comments, there are some interesting posts among the volumes of gibberish and flaming.

The best one I've read is the following. Basically, there is no way to save a person up there. If they can't leave on their own strength, they aren't leaving period.

crazy as it might sound, that is standard procedure in mountaineering at this level.

that's how it has to be done.

Comment

Working...
                      X