Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawk O'Connor View Post
    Walcott - Charles I

Err, odd choice!

Walcott was coming off two of his finest ever performances against Joe Louis and was very much expected to give Charles an excellent fight for the vacant title.

A better example might have been Walcott vs Charles 3. Not only had Walcott been defeated in their first fight, but Charles repeated the feat in their second fight (which was an even more dominant pasting!). However in their third fight Walcott destroyed Charles with a one punch KO to become the oldest ever heavyweight title winner at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Err, odd choice!

Walcott was coming off two of his finest ever performances against Joe Louis and was very much expected to give Charles an excellent fight for the vacant title.

A better example might have been Walcott vs Charles 3. Not only had Walcott been defeated in their first fight, but Charles repeated the feat in their second fight (which was an even more dominant pasting!). However in their third fight Walcott destroyed Charles with a one punch KO to become the oldest ever heavyweight title winner at that point.
      My bad. That's the one I was referring to. I had them backward in my mind.

Comment

Louis V. Walcott II
        Around this point i think Joe started showing signs of wear and tear, i would count his KO of Walcott as his last great win.

Foreman v. Moorer of course already mentioned.

Though he didn't win Hagler v. Leonard

Comment

Would Duran vs. Moore qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Would Duran vs. Moore qualify?
            Yes, but I think most people would use the Barkley fight as the best example. But Duran was definitely expected by many to lose to Moore in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              I really enjoyed Sweet Pea's last great performance against Oscar De La Hoya. Some of his defensive moves were incredible and make for fantastic slow motion replays!

What about Thomas Hearns vs Virgil Hill?
              Roy Jones Jr... Been a whole, I would say vs woods (last person he stopped) or even talesco fight... That fight wowed me lol.

Comment

No mentions of James Braddock?

Comment

Thomas Hearns beating Virgil Hill.

Felix Trinidad beating Ricardo Mayorga.

Comment

Ali after the first fight with Frazier

Comment

I would also add Foreman vs. Moorer, since Foreman was an underdog and it was his last great fight, although that Briggs fight was a bad decision. Didn't Briggs even say he didn't think he won?

Comment

Working...
                      X