No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury vs. Boytsov Clash Will Be a WBC "Semi-Eliminator"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury vs. Boytsov Clash Will Be a WBC "Semi-Eliminator"

WBC President Jose Sulaiman has advised BoxingScene.com that Tyson Fury (19-0, 14KOs) vs. Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25KOs) has been approved as a semi-final heavyweight eliminator. The winner will become the next candidate in line for a shot at the championship currently held by Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

it is a joke if arreola gets a rematch vs the guy who made him cry, via, beating bums and getting no1 contender spot again.
    i guess if i was mexican i may get to be no1 contender too.

fury vs boystov is more a worthy wbc eliminator.

Comment

Boxing is going down the shitter.

Not only are there WBC silver, gold, platinum, tin & copper belts but they're starting to introduce semi-eliminators with quarter-eliminators, 1/8th, 1/16th and 2/3rds eliminators too. Lets not forget the WBAs super world championship which is the highest you can go within the WBA, underneath that is the WBA good world championship, WBA decent world championship and the WBA not so good world championship.

Comment

The WBC also have a semi-eliminator for Mitchell vs Banks and a normal eliminator for the Arreola fight, maybe they could introduce an eliminator to fight an eliminator. Lots of fighters seem to be going down the WBC path as they know Vitali will either retire soon or get old rather than face Wlad.

Comment

These alphabet organisations are a complete joke, killing the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

Not only are there WBC silver, gold, platinum, tin & copper belts but they're starting to introduce semi-eliminators with quarter-eliminators, 1/8th, 1/16th and 2/3rds eliminators too. Lets not forget the WBAs super world championship which is the highest you can go within the WBA, underneath that is the WBA good world championship, WBA decent world championship and the WBA not so good world championship.
            Wbc Silver, gold, platinum, iron, brass, wood, paper, plastic, cotton.

Something needs to be done about the stupid belts asap.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              These alphabet organisations are a complete joke, killing the sport.
              I watched Shavers vs Holmes yesterday, and Norton was on the show saying how it was stupid that one organization recognised Spinks and the other himself and that they need to fight asap to clear the situation up for the people. Just look how things have gone since then utter joke.

Someone needs to get everyone to sit round a table and create a single body to unify boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun100 View Post
                I watched Shavers vs Holmes yesterday, and Norton was on the show saying how it was stupid that one organization recognised Spinks and the other himself and that they need to fight asap to clear the situation up for the people. Just look how things have gone since then utter joke.

Someone needs to get everyone to sit round a table and create a single body to unify boxing.
                Absolutely spot on, but sadly will never happen because all of these ridiculous titles and eliminators create revenue for these 'organisations'. Just a bunch of greedy parasites.

Comment

I don't see whtat the problem is? Stiverne/Arreola is a great, great fight. . So is Fury/Boystov. . ANd the winners of both fighting each other is even a better fight.

Fury vs. Arreola, which will be the winners of those aforementioned fights, will be a cracker of a fight I've been hoping for. . .

Throw Mitchell/Banks in the equation, and it's even more mouth-watering. . . Fury, Arreola, Mitchell (the likely winners of those fights) fighting one another. yes, please?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

I support the eliminators. They force the top contenders to fight each other rather than allow fighters to fight lessen opposition, or 'low risk' fights, or to wait on the sidelines like many fighters do after gaining a top ranking.

The semi-eliminators are that much better because to get that title shot you have to beat two top opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X