No announcement yet.

Frazier: I would’ve had no problem with Marciano or Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vincent m View Post
    Lets look at the facts..Marciano,Frazier and Tyson were all pressure fighters..Now,Marciano beats three great champions..Louis,Charles and Walcott..retired undefeated with a perfect record and was never knocked out.

During filming for scenes for the Ali vs Marciano computer fight ,a prime Ali got a bit cocky with a middle aged Marciano..who had been retired for a few years...and Marciano pounded him so badly that he had to be pulled off..

Ali said afterwards words to the effect that he couldnt have beaten Marciano..... in fact Frazier,who modelled himself on Dempsey and Marciano gave Ali HUGE problems with perpetual pressure..

Now Tyson...incredibly hyped even at his **peak**...but what GREAT fighters did he beat?..NOBODY...An aging Larry Holmes,who was kept well away from Ali in the early seventies because it was KNOWN that Holmes would beat him at that time..look what Homes did to Leon Sphinks....and Holmes was part of the same stable.

Tyson beat a load of bums and average aging exs..Pinklon Thomas,Tony Tucker,a washed up Larry Holmes,Micheal spinks,James Smith,Trevor Berbick..and so on...

Tyson always had trouble with hit and move fighters that went past the middle rounds..not so with Marciano,he could take you out as easily in the last as in the first..look at the Walcott and La Starza fights..

The first very good fighter Tyson faced was Holyfield.....and Holyfield won...

Could Holyfield have beaten a prime Ali?..no,look at the trouble he had with an aging Larry Holmes...so its fair to say a prime Larry Holmes would have flattened Holyfield and Ali certainly...

So,by definition,a prime Holmes could have beaten Hollyfield,maybe Ali..Holmes beat Norton,Ali beat Frazier and Norton.but close fights back and forward..

Tyson was knocked out or stopped by Holyfield,Lewis and Buster Douglas..who was flattened by Holyfield...

Now,could Holyfield have beaten Frazier?..well look what he did to Dwight Braxton and Bert Cooper..beat both of them quite easily //

So a prime Holyfield would have beaten Frazier..

NONE of the afore mentioned would have beaten George Foreman in his prime..except possibly Larry Holmes,BUT Foreman was beaten by Ali...**more Foreman punching himself out than anything else....Certainly a prime Foreman would have done to Tyson what he did to Frazier and Norton..

So,in my view..Tysons not in the same league as a prime Ali,a prime Holyfield, a prime Holmes or Foreman...that is ..as you can see above easily proven...

Could Tyson have beaten Frazier?...no...because Frazier threw far more punches and had a far better chin...

Could Frazier have beaten Marciano?....this WOULD have been a great fight..but no,Marciano would have stopped Frazier late..look at the trouble Frazier had with Bonavena..someone as tough as him,who could take a great punch...
    ..and i dont think anyone could make a case for Bonavena being there with MARCIANO...

Sonny Liston would have beaten Frazier and Tyson on the same night..he was just tougher all round,..and Liston loved Marciano..idolised him..like he did Louis..

So,all the facts considered,i have it like this..in their primes...

1.Rocky Marciano

2.Ali

3.Foreman

4.Holmes..equal..Louis...

5.Holyfield

6.Liston

7..Frazier...equal Dempsey..

8..Norton

9..Lennox Lewis

10.Walcott

This is my view,but i think sound as a boxing fan of over 40 years,and whatever anyone thinks Marcianos record says it all..undefeated...and you just couldnt hurt him..
    hhahahahahahaha you are a complete MORON!!!!

Comment

Tyson would beat frazier.

Comment

Well what do you expect a boxer to say? I still dont get people who have problems with boxers and their egos..When it comes to predicting a fight a boxer would alway think he would win everytime.

Comment

Working...
        X