Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRUE OR FALSE: Arum would be more eager to "throw" Cotto to Mayweather than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUE OR FALSE: Arum would be more eager to "throw" Cotto to Mayweather than Pacquiao

Do you agree that Arum would be much more willing to let Cotto in the ring with Floyd Mayweather than he is with Pacquiao? and that negotiations would be much easier?

I personally feel that Arum would make a Pac-Floyd fight harder to pull off than a Floyd-Cotto one. He doesn't seem to mention Cotto as much as he does Pac recently and I see that as a bit disrespectful as Cotto's promoter. I know that Manny's name is the one on everybody's lips but I'd think it'd be better if he would at times bring Cotto's name up in his answers, because IMO he seems to favour Manny.

Now he would be.

But if Cotto beats Pac, Cotto will be the cash cow.

This is a moot point anyway as I don't think Arum is scared to put anyone in with Floyd.

But if Cotto wins, negotiations would be easier than if Pac won.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
      Do you agree that Arum would be much more willing to let Cotto in the ring with Floyd Mayweather than he is with Pacquiao? and that negotiations would be much easier?

I personally feel that Arum would make a Pac-Floyd fight harder to pull off than a Floyd-Cotto one. He doesn't seem to mention Cotto as much as he does Pac recently and I see that as a bit disrespectful as Cotto's promoter. I know that Manny's name is the one on everybody's lips but I'd think it'd be better if he would at times bring Cotto's name up in his answers, because IMO he seems to favour Manny.
      pac is a tougher negotiator than cotto... mainly cause pac has more clout.

Comment

I remember the stupidness in negotiations between Pac and Hatton somethin like Pac deciding against the original 50-50 they'd agreed and instead wanting 52%. I can see negtoiations being tough. They'll probably both try and get under each others skin enough to make the other think "**** it i don't care i just wanna get him in the ring"

Comment

Working...
        X