No announcement yet.

Bob Arum/Top Rank have no leverage with HBO or Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum/Top Rank have no leverage with HBO or Showtime

So... it's public knowledge that HBO turned down Walters-Lomanchenko.

He wants to sell the fight to Showtime... but who is the next highest bidder for the fight?

NOBODY.

Showtime should offer $400k max for the fight and watch Arum do nothing lol.

That's just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      That's just stupid
      Nope... it's just true.

Comment

HBO turned down Lomachenko vs Walters, and also don't want to make Crawford vs Postol? Why does HBO have fanboys anymore, they're clearly not into boxing anymore. Their budget is down considerably, their turning down the best fights, they're giving us PPV fights like GGG vs Lemiuex because that's the only way they can pay fighters what they want. I mean what gives?

Comment

You are correct if Al is really running Showtime he should refused to let Showtime work with arum let Arum sink. No favors since he's suing you. I really wonder what Arum would do without HBO. He wont invest some of his wealth to get timebuys

Comment

This has actually been part of Arum's problem lately imo. He's used to being the big fish and just bullying everyone around to his terms. He has been a very uncompromising negotiator these past few years and now we are starting to see it cost him in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              You are correct if Al is really running Showtime he should refused to let Showtime work with arum let Arum sink. No favors since he's suing you. I really wonder what Arum would do without HBO. He wont invest some of his wealth to get timebuys
              I'd say Haymon SHOULD let Showtime lowball Arum for quality fights only. That's good for the network and good for the lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
                I'd say Haymon SHOULD let Showtime lowball Arum for quality fights only. That's good for the network and good for the lawsuit.
                So Haymon should be the only one allowed to have crappy fights? I dont get it, why would he lowball Arum and make him only put quality fights, while Haymon can put up mismatches? Lawsuits happen all the time they can settle out of court, Floyd settled with Pacquiao, Arum and Golden boy settled as well.

I rather both sides work together, two wrongs dont make a right.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  So Haymon should be the only one allowed to have crappy fights? I dont get it, why would he lowball Arum and make him only put quality fights, while Haymon can put up mismatches?

I rather both sides work together, two wrongs dont make a right.
                  Arum could always drop the lawsuit Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
                    So... it's public knowledge that HBO turned down Walters-Lomanchenko.

He wants to sell the fight to Showtime... but who is the next highest bidder for the fight?

NOBODY.

Showtime should offer $400k max for the fight and watch Arum do nothing lol.
                    Yeah that quite the idea....then the fight doesn't happen imbecile

Comment

Working...
                    X