Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these fighters has the best chance of beating Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
    Leo Santa Cruz
    Scott Quigg
    Carl Frampton

A tournament at 122 would be awesome right now.
    Good fights but Rigo beats them all. Once the taste Cuban sugar they will crawl up into defensive shells and turn gun shy/run.

Rigo, with ease.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
      Good fights but Rigo beats them all. Once the taste Cuban sugar they will crawl up into defensive shells and turn gun shy/run.

Rigo, with ease.
      That's very possible. A lot of people seem to think this way, judging from the poll results.

Comment

I have said for ahwile now,, that the one guy that could trouble rigo is chemito moreno..

Moreno had problems with mares bumrushing him, but i think that is the one guy that could match up well vs rigo's style...

Chemito moreno is a longtime champ at 118 and is only in his mid 20s,,, I had him creeping up p4p lists before the mares fiasco...

Moreno is just tricky enough to nullify rigo's counter game... I think the fight would be a snoozer but chemito has the skillset to trouble rigo more than anyone around that weight

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Santa Cruz has the best "chance" but even his chance is slim to none.
          ^ This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Leo Santa Cruz
            Scott Quigg
            Carl Frampton

A tournament at 122 would be awesome right now.
            I think Quigg v Hasegawa next, with Frampton v Cruz and the winners fight each other to fight Rigo. As you probably guessed, I think Hasegawa beats Martinez.

Now in terms of what happens if there is a fantasy fight, where ALL 3 face off against Rigo, I don't think any of em beat the Cuban but Frampton has the best chance. He is the more naturally gifted of the three, is the most well rounded, has a terrific chin, good footwork and great angles. He also manages to adapt well, being the aggressor when he needs to and the counterpuncher when he needs to. Barring any major upsets of personal strife, I think Frampton is the heir apparent to Rigondeux.

Quigg is good, hits hard and a solid fighter, the 4th best in the division but he is too slow, too robotic, his feet don't move as well and he sometimes throws too wild and too wide. A lot to work on. Can his power trouble Rigo, possibly. Will he go the distance, definitely. Will he win or have the best chance of doing so? No.

Cruz is a fun fighter, very very busy and that is his trump card. I just don't see him being as good an all round fighter, his skill level isn't quite as high as Frampton, let alone Rigo. His busy hands and feet, his volume punching and his quickness will trouble Rigo, no matter what but he'll adjust and when he does, Cruz will not be able to pose any more questions.

Comment

Frampton would blast him out within three and Quigg would outhustle him to a UD victory in 116-112 kind of fight. Never heard of Santa Cruz, what the hell is he, a Spanish father Christmas?.

Comment

Of the ones you mentioned, Frampton - but realistically, none.

And I really doubt anyone are queuing up to fight him, but rather wait until he moves up as has been the rumour.

Comment

Nonito donaire is atleast 2X better than any of those 3 scrubs. And Rigo made HIM look like a scrub. Does that answer your question?

Comment

im mexican-american and a east sider but Leo santacruz wouldn't do **** to rigo without any real power

Comment

rigo's fights are all snooze fests. nobody watches that ****

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X