Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO Canelo is way over-hyped (he is hyped as the next superstar)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO Canelo is way over-hyped (he is hyped as the next superstar)

He is a good fighter, of that there is no doubt, but I don't think he'll be the next Mayweather-Pacquiao very soon, never mind now.

People are even throwing in the words "Boxing megastar" when describing him. But the biggest fighter he fought was Shane Mosley, who was 39/40 years old. The biggest name fighter.

Alright, he is being groomed to reach the peak of boxing, but why attach such exquisite titles to him now? IMO he is still unproven, he hasn't fought a top 10 P4P fighter in his prime yet, i'd even go as far as top 15. (i'm talking prime now, a prime P4p fighter.)

I wouldn't want Mayweather to fight Canelo next, the lad is nowhere as of yet near that level. He is still just a young kid. He is progressing well, but that is what it is, progressing well. He is not an elite fighter as of yet.
    Last edited by KO'er; 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM.

Why would you think that?
    It isn't because he won his belt against a welterweight or defended it against utterly weak competition is it?

Comment

Why would you think that?
      It isn't because he won his belt against a welterweight or defended it against utterly weak competition is it?

Comment

I think he is a very good fighter, for where he is at now.

But I don't think he is on Mayweather-Pacman's level, and I don't think his name should be near there baskets at the moment. (he is being linked big time with Mayweather.)

Comment

Nope hes no floyd. He has a chance to be the next pacquiao though. Just has to get knocked out a couple times

Comment

I think he is a very good fighter, for where he is at now.

But I don't think he is on Mayweather-Pacman's level, and I don't think his name should be near there baskets at the moment. (he is being linked big time with Mayweather.)

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              He is a good fighter, of that there is no doubt, but I don't think he'll be the next Mayweather-Pacquiao very soon, never mind now.

People are even throwing in the words "Boxing megastar" when describing him. But the biggest fighter he fought was Shane Mosley, who was 39/40 years old. The biggest name fighter.

Alright, he is being groomed to reach the peak of boxing, but why attach such exquisite titles to him now? IMO he is still unproven, he hasn't fought a top 10 P4P fighter in his prime yet, i'd even go as far as top 15. (i'm talking prime now, a prime P4p fighter.)

I wouldn't want Mayweather to fight Canelo next, the lad is nowhere as of yet near that level. He is still just a young kid. He is progressing well, but that is what it is, progressing well. He is not an elite fighter as of yet.
              he's the flavor of the month for Mexicans. Mexicans have the largest fanbase in boxing, so only a fool wouldn't supply for the demand.

I think he can possibly become a HOFer, but it ends there

Comment

The kid has top 10 of his division talent but he doesnt have a top 10 of his division resume. As far as p4p goes I wont speak on that because I dont think that its conversation worthy. He needs to conquer his division 1st.

Comment

I think he would fight anybody. GB on the other hand are protecting their prospect TR style.

Comment

He's already a superstar, he's selling out arenas and 10s of millions are watching him fight

Comment

Working...
                    X