Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of Ants in your home?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah man I had this problem also in my university dorm room last week! The spraying vinegar trick actually worked! Use rubbing alcohol/vinegar/water. Also don't leave any dirty plates or food running around that may cause the ants to be attracted. I haven't seen any more ants here aside from the odd 1 when I leave something they can be attracted to within range of my window.

Comment

if you rent, call your landlord. he's responsible for pest removal if it is out of your hands [IE not the product of a mess you made.]

if you own your condo, talk to the homeowners association. unless you're a slob, i guarantee there are renters / owners in the building with the same problem. they beat the hell out of contractors on prices, and it won't break the bank for them to bring in somebody to spray the foundation of your building.

i live on the top floor, and don't have any issues with any critters. sometimes, a bug that's small enough will make its way through my screens. i find it, and crush it out of existence. it's satisfying.

my folks use a product along the base of the foundation of their house. it's decent, but the ants come back every year. if this is an option, just pick a day when you're not around, and spray that sh#t. if you're going to spray the interior, just make sure you've got plenty of time to let the unit air out. bug killer is super freaking toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
        I used to have a problem with ants until I bought one of these. Problem solved!

I got rid of them with this:

Comment

Working...
        X