Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs prime toney, haggler, RJJ, Hopkins and hearns.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG's balls are so far down my throat that they're practically in my lungs and even I'm bothered we're asking this at this stage. I'd like to believe that one day down the road these questions will be warranted but were not close to that yet. And sadly with the opposition around I'm not sure we will ever get to that stage.

Comment

The difference between GGG and the guys listed isn't as stark as the difference between him and Murray, but I still wouldn't favour him, except against Hearns.

Toney is potentially the worst matchup here for GGG, I can't see him winning at all.

Hagler in his prime beats GGG up in a good fight the same way post-prime Hagler beat up Mugabi.

RJJ most likely cruises to a UD but GGG has a puncher's chance.

Hopkins is an interesting one, I'd back BHop but only by a 55-45 margin or so. If GGG keeps the workrate high and focuses on defence while coming in it's very close.

Hearns I would back him to beat two times in three. If he can take that right Hearns landed on Hagler without being knocked out, that is.

Comment

I've watched 4 of Golovkins bouts now, still don't see it.

Each of the past greats listed takes Golovkin.

Comment

ggg 55% 45% hopkins
          ggg 55% 45% hearns
          ggg 55% 45% duran
          ggg 50% 50% toney
          ggg 50% 50% leonard
          ggg 50% 50% hagler
          ggg 50% 50% mccallum
          ggg 40% 60% rjj

Comment

Jones at 160 was untouchable and he had KO power. Jones made guys who won titles after he beat them look like amateurs in the ring. GGG is not a superior boxer than Toney or Hopkins and he gets hit too much. RJJ would've took him apart. Roy could throw 4 left hooks in a row faster than most LIGHTWEIGHTS could throw 4 punches with both hands. He fought with his hands down because he used it to draw aggression. That style just doesn't age well due to its dependance on reflexes. The Ruiz fight was the last true Roy Jones Jr fight.

Comment

I don't think we have seen Golovkin in with the kind of opponents yet to determine that could beat any of these champs.

Comment

Working...
              X