Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Joe Calzaghe actually count these as punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    calzaghe pretended to be scared of flying and that's why he couldn't come to the usa. imagine if froch pretended to be scared of flying. he would still be fighting the brian magees and robin reids of the world. then when ward turns 43 he finally mans up and beats him by gift decision. great career! where's his pass to the hall of fame?
    I doubt Calzaghe really cares that much about the "Hall of Fame" since it's primarily a US sports concept and not something which pervades British sporting culture.

I believe Calzaghe has stated that a fear of flying was only part of the reason he did not travel earlier in his career but presumably RJJ and Hopkins weren't scared of flying so what was their excuse for not travelling? too protected? Did Hopkins's trip to Ecuador early in his career mentally scar him?

It seems odd that lesser fighters such as Lacy and Mitchell were happily prepared to make the trip yet for so-called atgs going to meet the likes of Eubank, Michalczewski, Benn and Calzaghe held such great trepidation. The travel complaint works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Lets get a video of you doing it then.
      Watch the video. There is nothing difficult or demanding about what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
        I'm not sure of the situation which is why I am asking? Was this a joke or is it supposed to be serious? Surely no professional boxer can think these are punches?

lol@ morons acting as if TS said all his punches arent real punches. he is talking about this specific exercise, not saying joe cant throw real punches in general. incidently those arent real punches, they are arm punches, hell they are almost wrist punches lol.

the fact that hes able to throw nine of them a second tells you everything you need to know, pacquiao isnt even that fast, nobody is. again, its bcuz they arent real punches. that said it still improves fast twitch muscle fiber, its a legit exercise just not legit punches.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I like calzaghe but this vids pretty funny. Cant embed..on my phone sorry.

http://youtu.be/ACgTJhEdj5M
          Wow some of the worst referee stoppages I've ever seen.
          Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Wow some of the referee stoppages I've ever seen.
            lmao man this site use to make me mad but now I just laugh at things on here that right there was one horrible video lol

Comment

Of course they're punches, what else are they ?

They're not hard punches or punches you would throw except maybe at your little sister but they are a closed fist striking an object and that's a punch.

Beside if you are trying to throw as many punches as you can in a set amount of time how else would you do it.

Comment

Why is Calzaghe on the agenda? Forget that coward, good rid to bad rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                X