Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana is only making $550k for his fight against Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    Devon Alexander is getting $1.25 million for his fight against lucas matthysse.
    What really, 1.25 millon something is really wrong witah HBO. So I guess it's safe to assume they wanted to pay Bradley 1.5 million to face Khan which is why he's *****ing early.

Comment

This matches his highest payday (Khan fight) except this time he is in against a shot fighter. Very good money for him.

Comment

only?? thats like a gazillion billion in argentina

Comment

$550k is alot a money boo ho he is lucky he is even geting paid that

Comment

Maidana is only making $550k for his fight against Morales. I thought he would make more than that.
            he lucky he making that much against a shot morales

Comment

550k for maybe 5 rounds at best against a guy that is shot and cant hurt you

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                idk maybe w/ the exchange rate in argentina that's good money? anyway, that sucks dude.
                The Argentine reis is actually appreciating against the USD very considerably lately. I've done very well in that respect, due to my broker''s advice, which I didn't like at first.

So if the guy is being paid in USD he'll be worse off than he was last month, last week, even since yesterday. And it's not expected to reverse in tne near future. In fact the USD is tanking against most of the major currencies, even some of those in deep trouble themselves, like for instance the British Pound and the EURO........ It has also REALLY bombed against the New Zealand Dollar and Australian Pound, over the past year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                  I read the Maidana fight is for the number 1 contender for the wba lol, didn't Khan already dispose of Maidana :/
                  In my understanding of "Ring"-lish, and boxing terms, "disposing" of someone, and just barely scraping by with a disputed win are two very different things. I presume the latter meaning was the one which influenced the promoters to offer him $550,000.

Comment

Maidana is only making $550k for his fight against Morales. I thought he would make more than that.
                    this sums up this whole ppv, the guy in the main event of a HBO PPV is only making 550k.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Exactly, I think we boxing fans kinda spoil fighters in a way, If Maidana earns 1.5M for a Morales fight why would or should he earn less against say Bradley? He would want more and demand more, And i wouldnt blame him.. Just look at Berto now, Berto started earn unbelievable money for fighting easy fights which made it difficult for HBO or his opponents for example Mosley to get any agreement with him, Because if he made 1.25-1.5M against F.Hernandez why should he make less fighting Mosley?
                      The reason might be that 'that's all there is available in the promotion" and he has the option of accepting or refusing.

If you are looking for a job, and are expecting a big, well paying one to come up in a years, say, but don't want to be idle that long, and want to make expenses, it's quite normal to accept a temporary job which pays less.

The fighters of yesteryear, who used to fight maybe 10-12 times a year, including some very BIG names, didn't always get more for the later fights tna the earlier. They go what the market would bear, what was in the promotion to be paid out. it was their choice to either accept or refuse.

Who the hell want's to see a guy who is scraping around, tuerning over this and that oppertunity to se if one pays a bit more than the other. THAT guy, probably ends up sitting on his backside, earning nothing.

Like Marquez, a good example. After the terrific fight he made against Manny P, which was called a draw. he refused $750,000 for the return, although this was nearly of not as much as he had earned in his whole careeer up to then. Beristain was blamed for advising him to stcik for 1 or 1.2 mill. But after he sat around for a while, and got no fights he was forced to travel to Indonesia to fight Chris John. He LOST the fight, and although some say he was robbed, John won well, and i think, is still unbeaten to this day.

For this fight, after turning down $750,000, he was paid the magnificent sum of $32.500.

What more can be said??

When I ran a very popular (locally) Dixieland Jazz Band we got some very well paying work. But sometimes the money just wasn't there. I ALWAYS wanted to take the lower paying jobs, just to keep busy and advertise. My favourite saying was "It's better to play for $1000 than NOT PLAY for $1500..........

Comment

Working...
                      X