Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz's interview was one of the most honest I've ever heard...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Wasn't it live, though? And we all saw/heard that he wanted out.

Anyway, yeah....the boxing community ain't gonna forgive him for that.

Me? I found myself feeling sympathy for him, and endeared by his honesty.

But the interview, like the fight, just showed his massive inexperience.
    The interview was cringe-inducing. Most notably for the principals and executives at Golden Boy and HBO.

Comment

He's honest. He is not going to get beat up badly for anyone and pay for it later a la Ali. I sympothize with him. Most of the boxing community never stepped into the ring before so they don't realize that a fighter can die in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
        Seems like a nice kid,but i nthink his days as a boxer are done hopefully he can find something else to do with his life.
        Aren't we all writing him off a little soon?

I mean, the guy was annointed the heir apparent to DLH before the fight. And now he's done?

Sure, the interview was worrying but it was in the heat of the moment. The guy is seriously talented, if afflicted with a bad chin.

Hope he comes back, it would suck if it all ended like this.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
          The interview was cringe-inducing. Most notably for the principals and executives at Golden Boy and HBO.
          Probably was for them. I felt more sadness than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
            Admit he got hurt bad, admit he fought dumb, and also, somewhat worryingly, admitted he wasn't going to allow himself to get beat up bad.

Worryingly not for his health, but worryingly for how far he wants to go in his career.
            I'm not hating on the man for wanting to preserve himself, but it's that same mentality that will make him always fold when the kitchen gets too hot.

Comment

Honest yes, but he didn't sound too keen on fighting anymore. He's a prize fighter but didn't act like a boxer tonight. Maybe he earned enough money to get a better life for himself and his siblings, I don't blame him if that was his intention when entering pro boxing.

Comment

i'm not sure any fighter should ever be "that" honest

he openly admitted he quit

Comment

The regular person in me undestood what he was saying and it made sense what he said. My boxing fan side though was dissapointed that he didn't try to fight through the struggle at least a little longer especially when he had fought valiantly for all the fight. Boxing is a sport where heart, will and toughness go along way with fans and unfortunately for Victor what he said probably lost him fans. Im not one of them, but I understand why certain people will jump off the bandwagon.

Comment

after the mayorga fight mosley seemed pretty confused about what he wanted to do and shunned at the question about a future margarito fight and we all know how that turned out. he was just disappointed and got caught in the heat of the moment. There isn't many jobs out there that will make you what a decent boxer makes. He'll be back for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete Punch View Post
                      after the mayorga fight mosley seemed pretty confused about what he wanted to do and shunned at the question about a future margarito fight and we all know how that turned out. he was just disappointed and got caught in the heat of the moment. There isn't many jobs out there that will make you what a decent boxer makes. He'll be back for sure.
                      so you think victor will stick around for the money?

Comment

Working...
                      X