Clear All

• Who had the faster hands? Ali or Patterson

poll to come, i'd say patterson
    Muhammad Ali
    45.83%
    Floyd Patterson
    54.17%

i voted patterson....

paterson threw with power and it was about as fast as ali....

ali had a tendency to slap and flick his punches which made them faster.

Comment

Just hands? Patterson.

Comment

I still say Ali. I also find it more impressive because he carries a much larger frame.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
          I still say Ali. I also find it more impressive because he carries a much larger frame.

Agreed. Patterson was fast, but Ali was blazing fast. Patterson came up from middle and kept his speed. Ali was a heavyweight who threw punches like a welterweight.

Comment

You have to watch Ali/Clay in the 1960's to really grasp his amazing speed. The Ali of the 70's was slower, even if he was still the fastest heavyweight in the world.

Comment

Patterson threw committed punches (Ali often didn't) and still looked faster. I would pick him. Really can't go wrong with either though.

Comment

Depends on the type of shots thrown. For the 1-2, definitely Ali.

Comment

I would say Ali's 1-2 was quicker, but overall? My vote would go to Patterson.

Some of the combinations he threw were just openly ridiculous. His power was always under-rated, too. Patterson, overall, had even quicker hands than Ali.

Comment

Ali often threw pitty pat punches - I can look blazingly fast throwing those type of shots. Joe Calzaghe did the same but more so.

Patterson had meat on his shots and they were as fast as Ali's so i vote Floyd

# Ali was as fast as lightning tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X