No announcement yet.

Hey Guys I got some Info on Cotto-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    The winner of Marg vs. Cotto Oscar wanted.

I bumped the thread about him using his wife as an excuse. That was the fight Oscar wanted.

He didnt want to fight Margarito for some reason. He wanted cOTTO TO WIN THAt fight.
    Okay this is what I was gonna post but I wanted to see how you and that other guy was gonna try and spin it to make it seem like It was Arum's fault.

So how does Cotto being with Top Rank change the fact that:

1. Oscar's wife being PR was a hold up in Oscar facing Cotto
    2. Oscar's wife wanting him to stay retired
    3. Oscar then coming out and saying he will face the winner of Margarito and Cotto (two top rank fighters btw)
    4. Cotto dropping the ball by losing to Margarito

See It's easy to blame Arum for every evil in the world....hell it's the popular thing to do. I'm glad you posted that instead of trying to spin this non sense of Arum holding Cotto back. Green K coming.

Comment

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
      funny, all of sudden floyd will fight anybody if all fighters are promoted by GBP.

you guys are something else.
      the fact is tho, that most other promoters dnt like promoting fights with arum. arum is hard to deal with and he seeks to make all of his fighters fight each other. i mean look outside of may, pac cotto. u have the **** that happened with donaire and darchinyan. arum's a pain in the ass to deal with.

Comment

And truth be told Oscar was dead set on facing Floyd in Sept 08. He fought Forbes at a Catcheweight in May in preparation to Face Floyd at 147. Floyd announced his retirement so Oscar said he would face the Cotto vs Margarito winner instead. Oscar thought for sure Cotto would win setting up a mega fight with him and Miguel, but Tony ate Cotto alive killing that potential fight. Instead of manning up and following through with face the winner, Antonio Margarito, he try to cherry pick Manny Pacquiao and the rest is history.

With all of this said, which is common knowledge, how did Arum prevent Cotto from fighting Oscar?

Comment

Cotto should get a second shot at pac, and then leave for GBP

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
            I never brought any of that up, but can you answer my question?
            Ummmmm are you slow????

Any if those years between 2006-2008 Cotto-DLH could have happened if Cotto was not in Top Rank.

I think you are slow.

You were also the same poster yesterday also thinking the WBC website having Alcine #4 and Angulo #7 was on point, when it was delayed and you just owned yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              the fact is tho, that most other promoters dnt like promoting fights with arum. arum is hard to deal with and he seeks to make all of his fighters fight each other. i mean look outside of may, pac cotto. u have the **** that happened with donaire and darchinyan. arum's a pain in the ass to deal with.
              Darchinyan is one of my favorite fighters and the truth is Shaw is, and always has been the reason Donaire vs Darchinyan has never happened. Darchinyan letting begged Shaw to put aside his beef and allow the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                good for cotto,fuk arum

wouldnt mind seeing cotto vs floyd at 154

hopefully manny will leave him aswell
                They should make it at 154.

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                I would love to see Cotto woop Floyd's a$$. The only problem with that if it happens, the we can all totally forget about Floyd vs Manny. It would lose value if and when Cotto beat Floyd.
                Nobody's beaten Floyd. Cotto has already been beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  P4P this P4P that, blah blah blah. P4P doesn't matter.

DLH, Hatton and Mayweather were the three top cash cows and Arum's greedy ass didn't get Cotto those fights. In boxing it's money, it's about the biggest fights. Margarito did not bring in DLH, Mayweather, Hatton type money.

DLH wasn't WW anymore, so what, Mayweather fought him at 154..Cotto would have done the same.

Mayweather retired at Cotto's prime yet Cotto went on to lose to Margarito and has been labeled as damaged ever since. What a short prime he had then. Shorter than Tyson's.

To the bold part, and Hatton and DLH.
                  So you'd rather have Cotto face the biggest cash cows that werent even top 10 by moving up to weights he had never fought at then facing the TOP P4P fighters in the world?

You are not a boxing fan if youd rather Cotto make more money then beat the best out there.

Say what you want about Cotto but he was at his best when Floyd retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
                    And truth be told Oscar was dead set on facing Floyd in Sept 08. He fought Forbes at a Catcheweight in May in preparation to Face Floyd at 147. Floyd announced his retirement so Oscar said he would face the Cotto vs Margarito winner instead. Oscar thought for sure Cotto would win setting up a mega fight with him and Miguel, but Tony ate Cotto alive killing that potential fight. Instead of manning up and following through with face the winner, Antonio Margarito, he try to cherry pick Manny Pacquiao and the rest is history.

With all of this said, which is common knowledge, how did Arum prevent Cotto from fighting Oscar?
                    Helllllooooo Slowpoke. Knock knock, anybody home in that big butthead of yours?

If Cotto was not a Top Rank fighter, Cotto would have also been an option!

Damn Slowpoke get back in your Pokeball!

Comment

floyd wanted cotto a long time ago and arum said hell no-----this was when cotto was undefeated also----arum knew the outcome---he was willing to throw margarito in with floyd though, and he knew floyd would have won every round, but cotto was the bigger star at the time and he was undefeated---which is why floyd wanted him----floyd never ducked cotto and margarito----tony only became kind of big when he stopped cotto back in 2008---floyd is so smart---but he knows he can't win with some fans and critics no matter what he does, but it's okay, they'll realize how smart floyd was once he retires for good----cotto never wanted floyd at 140---it seems like nobody did except for the guys he fought and vivan harris, and maybe zab, but we all seen what happened to them both----cotto may have wanted floyd at 147, but never spoke up, mainly saying, talk to my promoter---floyd also brought this up in interviews---arum never had any intentions of putting cotto in there with floyd until after cotto lost to tony----his stock dropped---and when margo beat cotto, bob didn't want to call out floyd, he instead brought up that floyd ducked tony back in 2006---just pay attention people---the truth has been there for so many years---arum is a scumbag----he jumps on his fighter's badwagon until they lose---then's it curtains for them----

i hope floyd does fight cotto just so they both can rub it in his face---and arum knows tony had this fight from the jump, and cotto didn't with manny coz tony and manny stopped cotto---but arum most likely lied to cotto insuring him of a rematch with manny----i'm wiliing to bet that cotto buys out of his contract, or if he can't afford to, oscar and gbp will-----arum took up for tony after he was suspended from fighting in the states---and that had to rub miguel the wrong way---i truly feel cotto has been wanting to leave top rank for years, but was afraid to---cotto hasn't made that super huge paycheck yet, and he got stiffed in the pacquiao fight---didn't he get like 35% of the guaranteed purse--and had to come down to a catchweight and defend his title there? arum screwed miguel---

we know cotto ain't beating no floyd mayweather jr. he never will and has never been able to---no matter how you pricks on here try to spin it-----

Comment

Working...
                      X