No announcement yet.

Saunders will expose Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    BJS has zero chance against Canelo. I like him, he's got good skill, but his engine can only run for 6 rounds, his output becomes too low and he starts getting hit a lot.

I'm not even sure if BJS would win the early rounds either, Canelo is an A level boxer himself, he can match BJS skill for skill. He's got the quicker hands, better combinations and punch variations, more power etc.

It's not a bad fight though.
    Reach/height = Saunders.
    Weight = Canelo.
    Power = Canelo.
    Chin = Draw.
    Speed = Saunders.
    Skills = Saunders.
    Stamina = Canelo.

That's how I see the advantages. And I see it adding up to a Saunders victory with minimal trouble until the later rounds.

Comment

I think Saunders might be a bit underrated in terms of his skill.

I'm not saying he's elite, but i don't think he will be an easy fighter to beat. He is a very smart fighter but yeah, he can fade which might be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I think Saunders might be a bit underrated in terms of his skill.

I'm not saying he's elite, but i don't think he will be an easy fighter to beat. He is a very smart fighter but yeah, he can fade which might be his downfall.
        People who underrate his skills didn't see his fights against Eubank and Lee.

Comment

Canelo showed the limits of his skills against Mayweather, Trout, Lara, Cotto and Khan. While Saunders showed his high level of skills against Eubank and Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Canelo doesn't have faster hands than BJS.

Saunders has great head movement, is more elusive, and I'm pretty sure he has the longer reach.
            He definitely does, I don't think people realise how fast Canelo's hands are. I don't even think it's close.

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
            Reach/height = Saunders.
            Weight = Canelo.
            Power = Canelo.
            Chin = Draw.
            Speed = Saunders.
            Skills = Saunders.
            Stamina = Canelo.

That's how I see the advantages. And I see it adding up to a Saunders victory with minimal trouble until the later rounds.
            I disagree with speed and skills, I'd say Canelo is better in those departments. Some other qualities I think Canelo has over Bill - counter punching, inside fighting and at least an equal ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              Canelo showed the limits of his skills against Mayweather, Trout, Lara, Cotto and Khan. While Saunders showed his high level of skills against Eubank and Lee.

Mayweather, Trout, Lara, Cotto and Khan are clearly levels above Eubank Jr and Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                Saunders got stamina issues. So he would do good for the first 6. Like Lara did. Then it's a gamble on if he has enough in the tank to finish the fight. If Saunders had 12 round stamina I'd be more than happy to say Saunders by UD.
                I think Canelo gots more stamina issues than BJS gots. I think BJS just gots a measured means of fighting, like Floyd sorta kinda, & he's keeps his gas tank as full as he can while staying ahead in the fight. He's a bit of a coaster with his strategy if anything & that could bite him in the ass sooner or later with how sketchy judges can be. He'll win 2 rounds & halfass a round & **** like that. Its just how he fights. I don't think its stamina related.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Mayweather, Trout, Lara, Cotto and Khan are clearly levels above Eubank Jr and Lee.
                  Mayweather is the best of the bunch and Canelo couldn't do any harm to him, getting outboxed for 12 rounds like an amateur.

Lara and Trout fought close fights with Canelo and arguably won the fights, so that definetely shows how Canelo got big problems with fast technicians.

Cotto was an old, small shot man who had done nothing for years, except losing to Trout and beating an old handicapped Martinez. Canelo should have knocked him out easily, but that fight really was the nail in the coffin for any realistic boxing fan, Canelo was struggling with an old shot dwarf.

Khan was from a much lower weight class and he was outboxing Canelo until the inevitable KO came along.

Eubank and Lee would beat Khan, Cotto, Trout and MAYBE Lara, that's true. Saunders beats all of them, though, except Mayweather. He's a massive stepup for Canelo since losing the "fight" against Mayweather (too much of a schooling to even call it a fight, Mayweather was toying with him).

Comment

What the fuc are you if not a Saunders "fanboy"? This Canelo fan thinks he can beat the excellent Saunders at 160 with fair judges. They are both good but Canelo is better.

Comment

Saunders always gasses out on the second half the fight, Canelo might able to beat Saunders by tko.

Comment

Working...
                      X