Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Irish based Cuban Luis Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Irish based Cuban Luis Garcia?

Any of you remember this promising prospect? Any news about this guy, is he done with boxing? Looks like he hasn't fought since 2011.

I just remember Garcia because he beat Alex Johnson who will be fighting Beterbiev tonight.

Hey it would seem he has called it a career I don't know what happened too him whether he is still in Ireland or not. I found an article which says in June of 2012 he signed with Lou DiBella http://www.boxingscene.com/luis-garc...dibella--51477

Comment

I was just looking him up to see where the hell he was last week ironically and I found his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luisgarciaboxer

He posted a video of him working out on June 3rd so it looks like he is coming back soon! Not sure what the hell is going on

Very talent and highly skilled boxer, I remember when him and Mike Perez Defected, not sure how or why thet ended up in Ireland though

Haven't seen Garcia since his fight on Showtime vs Alexander Johnson I think that was 2012 so it has been a long time. Hope to see him get back, maybe he is stuck in a situation with Gary Hyde like Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I was just looking him up to see where the hell he was last week ironically and I found his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luisgarciaboxer

He posted a video of him working out on June 3rd so it looks like he is coming back soon! Not sure what the hell is going on

Very talent and highly skilled boxer, I remember when him and Mike Perez Defected, not sure how or why thet ended up in Ireland though

Haven't seen Garcia since his fight on Showtime vs Alexander Johnson I think that was 2012 so it has been a long time. Hope to see him get back, maybe he is stuck in a situation with Gary Hyde like Rigondeaux
        Also Alexei Collado came to Ireland. It was actually Hyde who arranged for their getaway or atleast made arrangements to sign them once they got out of Cuba and so they came to Ireland I guess since this is where Hyde would have mainly operated out of then and where he would have promoted all his shows so made sense!!

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          Also Alexei Collado came to Ireland. It was actually Hyde who arranged for their getaway or atleast made arrangements to sign them once they got out of Cuba and so they came to Ireland I guess since this is where Hyde would have mainly operated out of then and where he would have promoted all his shows so made sense!!
          Yes I remember Alexei Acosta as well, highly regarded fighter probably more so than Perez and Garcia. How the hell did he lose and get dropped by Rod Salka? Gary Hyde is ruining great Cuban Fighter or something or they not getting the best training in Ireland because they're not working with the best trainers for their style or something.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Yes I remember Alexei Acosta as well, highly regarded fighter probably more so than Perez and Garcia. How the hell did he lose and get dropped by Rod Salka? Gary Hyde is ruining great Cuban Fighter or something or they not getting the best training in Ireland because they're not working with the best trainers for their style or something.
            Not defending Hyde since how the Rigo situation is playing out is pretty deplorable but when Collado had lost to Salka he had been based in the States for a while and I think split from Hyde. With Garcia it's strange as he was doing quite well and had signed with Lou like if he hadn't fought in a year maybe we could deduce that he had fallen out with Hyde and was sitting it out but 4 years? Something else is going on and with Mike too be fair he has had a decent career despite at times not taking it seriously. He came in overweight again against Povetkin and paid the price for a less than 100 % camp.

Comment

Working...
            X