No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iloveboxing2 View Post
    I am sure Sergio's smiling right now. I hope jr's not thinking of retiring, he never expected a war like this. If Cotto can hit him with ordinary punches, Pac can surely sneak in those stealth left. Avoid Maravilla at all cost!
    Neither Pac or Sergio fight like Cotto.

Both are also southpaws, in Pac's case a southpaw who can't jab. The jab was what Miguel was able to land, very few hooks or right hands landed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      I know one thing. Floyd ain't beating Sergio Martinez at 154 and especially 160. Cotto landed on Floyd I know for sure Martinez would put Floyd on the canvas. Fight won't happen. Floyd goes back to 147.
      That straight left will be a problem, but Martinez and all southpaws still get it with the right hand all the time, and Sergio isn't fighting with his hands down against Floyd, he just isn't. That'd still an interesting fight.

The best shot to beat Floyd is to trap him on the ropes and pressure him, don't let him get off. That isn't Sergio's style.

Mayweather won a comfortable wide UD, what I thought he would. He looked the same as the Ortiz and Mosley fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by rampaging
        King May cud have easily avoided all of Cotos punches n put up a 12-0 boxing clinic , had King MAy fought King MAy's,.. instead PBF fought Cotto's fight and still made cotto look like an amateur

PBF CHOSE NOT TO FIGHT PBF'S FIGHT, tried to slug it out,
        PBF could hav easilly kept cotto down to less tha 5% landed if he wanted too
        PBF beat cooto at HIS OWN GAME

Truth right ther that nuthuger refuse to admit

That is all
        You are an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teri View Post
          This cotto would have killed pac dang the haters are sad on here
          Pac destroyed this guy 3 years ago. Styles make fights dumbass.

Comment

• Now it's going to be more harder for a Pac-Floyd to happen. Floyd would rather stay in jail forever than face Pac in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Neither Pac or Sergio fight like Cotto.

Both are also southpaws, in Pac's case a southpaw who can't jab. The jab was what Miguel was able to land, very few hooks or right hands landed.
              Sure.. But Pac has a very good left hand lead, which is also how you can connect to Floyd's defense...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
                and some of you mofokkas think he can beat pacqauio.....he could'nt even beat cotto...forget about jmm, floyd was way bigger than him..
                lmao bro Cotto knew he lost,his trainer and Family knew he lost,none of them went mad crying foul.smh the hate is strong in you young one

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  I know one thing. Floyd ain't beating Sergio Martinez at 154 and especially 160. Cotto landed on Floyd I know for sure Martinez would put Floyd on the canvas. Fight won't happen. Floyd goes back to 147.
                  Martinez isn't gonna get low and bull Mayweather into the ropes. Martinez is gonna sit in the middle of the ring and try and outbox Mayweather. Personally, I think 154 is just too big for Mayweather. But style-wise, Cotto fought the Castillo blueprint and competed. Key word, competed. Didn't come close to winning. Martinez is a beast, but I don't think his style is fit to beat Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                    While i agree that styles make fights, floyd's slow footedness and diminished handspeed have to give him concerns against pacquiao (who is also slower now). Erik morales was befuddled by pacquiao's foot speedcespicially in the third fight. Not sure what mayweather could do about that. Shoulder rolls don't help. Have you ever seen mayweather go straught back like he did multiple times tonight? It was weird. His vaunted defense looked like it had real holes onight. When cotto did the double left hook, to the body and then the head, floyd was too slow on occasion to block or roll the head shot. Very dangerous development against pacqiuao who has substantially faster hands than cotto.
                    Floyd just slower for the most part because the fight was at 154... There's no dimished speed, he's has lost a bit of his cat like reflexes though caught clean with way to many jabs and a couple wild hooks

Comment

• This was good for boxing.

This brings back the hype for the Pacquiao fight.

Honestly I can see the Pacquiao-Bradley fight doing much better business than it would have because of this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X