No announcement yet.

Us fans are the ones killing boxing !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    Psst, that's the problem right there. Quality matchups are hard to comeby. Have you seen the fights that's been put together of late, lmao
    Avalos vs Martin was a kick-ass fight last night, and Jacobs vs Pirog was quality. I enjoyed Marquez vs Diaz II too.

The HBO card tonight will be good, what else do you want?

Comment

Agreed U.S fans are killing boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiau View Post
        Agreed U.S fans are killing boxing.
        They are so horrible that the biggest fights in the world are always hosted outside the U.S....

Comment

i'm with the king of the south. i try to watch whatever boxing i can get my eyes on. if i heard it was interesting, or i believe i can learn from it, i hunt down older fights to feed my hunger, too.

the real problem i see approaching that is going to "kill" boxing are the illegal streams. i committed that sin last week, as i felt there was no way marquez/ diaz II was going to get my 50 bucks but, i'm sure there will be people that will come up with any reason not to buy a fight.

viewership fuels network fights and the number of pay-per-view buys of the larger fights are used to gauge the "health" of the sport which, i believe, hbo/ showtime also use to decide how much money is going towards the fights they will broadcast.

at this point, hbo doesn't have enough money in its budget to have pacquiao or mayweather on regular hbo. its also part of the reason mosley turned down fighting berto due to them having an amount set aside for them to split and berto wanting a 50/ 50 split of the money.

what's killing it is that we're seeing every fight but not through accountable avenues. if they were able to add the bars, streams and downloads to the ppv numbers, it would be insane.

Comment

Amen to that. i posted here last year that boxing fans are hypocrites complain bout networks, promoters and fighters, all you have to do is read the threads and you will see posters doing exactly the same things they complain promoters and fighters do. Fighter wins one fight he's flavour of the month, loses he's a bum. They go like this.. oh he brings no money to the table, no fans etc. It's little wonder they are taking the fans for granted

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
              the real problem i see approaching that is going to "kill" boxing are the illegal streams. i committed that sin last week, as i felt there was no way marquez/ diaz II was going to get my 50 bucks but, i'm sure there will be people that will come up with any reason not to buy a fight.
              How many people watch streams are people that would buy the fight if a stream wasn't available? I'm guessing very, very few.

I think streams help the sport. It gives large fights more exposure to more people.

Is it better for 2 million people to buy a PPV and have no one watch a stream or have 1.9 million people buy a PPV and have 1 million more watch an internet stream? I'd have to say it's the latter as many of those 1 million may be kids or young fighters who now want to box who wouldn't otherwise, future purchasers of PPV's, and future attendees of pro fights.

For the long-term streaming is good for the sport. It creates more fans (like boxing did when it was on free tv) which in turn creates more fighters and paying fans...

Comment

Promoters looking for loop holes are ruining this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                  How many people watch streams are people that would buy the fight if a stream wasn't available? I'm guessing very, very few.

I think streams help the sport. It gives large fights more exposure to more people.

Is it better for 2 million people to buy a PPV and have no one watch a stream or have 1.9 million people buy a PPV and have 1 million more watch an internet stream? I'd have to say it's the latter as many of those 1 million may be kids or young fighters who now want to box who wouldn't otherwise, future purchasers of PPV's, and future attendees of pro fights.

For the long-term streaming is good for the sport. It creates more fans (like boxing did when it was on free tv) which in turn creates more fighters and paying fans...
                  this is like saying downloading music is good because an artist's music is available for free to people who wouldn't normally buy it.

it's a false statement. ask the music and movie industries.

you're speaking ideally and, as such, what you're saying is rarely the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X