Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most punishment a boxer took in a single fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Billy Collins vs Resto
    Kim-duk koo vs Mancini

You know, they kind of died

luis resto didn't kill billy collins. collins drove off of an embankment months after the fight.

resto did damage his eyes, which would have probably permanently ended his career. i've heard that he was offered money to take fights after the resto fight.

Comment

Griffith vs Peret, the Kid never recovered and past away.
      The ref was not on top of the situation and allowed Benny to take viscous shots while unprotected in the corner.
      This was a televised fight that brought the sport into question once again.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        thrilla in manilla.

pick a fighter. ali collapsed in the ring, and was going to have to quit if frazier's corner didn't stop him.

no fight has seen more punishment exhcanged before or since. i truly believe that. i don't think it's sporting to allow men to go through a war like that.

the shots ali took to the body, and the shots frazier took to the head, took years from their lives.
        I was wondering when someone would finally mention this. I was watching clips of this the other night and Ali was brutally honest when he said that was the closest he ever came to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
          Davey Moore when he faced Roberto Duran .....never the same after that fight and duran beat the life out of him
          I watched that fight yesterday. It was ****ing brutal. Moore fought on the inside like an idiot and got severely damaged.

Comment

Calzaghe-Manfredo
            Manfredo took a terrible beating, turns out he changed gender after the bout due to all the slaps he took that night.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Riddick Bowe at the hands of Golota in the second fight. Probably still holds the record for most amount of power punches absorbed and it wasn't even a 12 round fight at the end.

Danny Williams beaten down by Vitali was also turning into a snuff movie.
              I'm about to watch this one you better not be lying

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                I'm about to watch this one you better not be lying
                Which one?

Comment

Margarito beating Cotto to a pulp in their first fight. Must be the plaster.

Comment

Toney put a beating on Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      Which one?
                      Golota-Bowe 2

And I actually might watch the Klitschko one too. How punishing was it?

Comment

Working...
                      X