Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Golovkin still a 'fresh' fighter for his age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I think he is pretty fresh,,, hasn't been in that many wars or tough fights.. Younger guys like rios, Ortiz, even figuoraro have more wear n tear on them

Comment

He is perfectly fine at the moment, I don't consider him low mileage for his age considering how many rounds he fought in the amateurs.

So he is in fine form right now and will likely be for a while, but he really does not have the time to be bull****ting around because before long it will be catching up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
        It appears to me, that he has kept fresh by not being in many wars. But by no stretch is he a spring chicken? I'm worried that if he doesn't land the prize fight(s) soon that he will be past it by the time he does.
        How is he gonna be in wars with his opposition? He has stayed fresh cause he hasn't run into someone like Andre Ward or Carl Froch and he is not going to anytime soon. He would destroy small Cotto, Canelo would attempt to box him, Quillen sucks, Murray throws 10 punches per round(and still beat old ass Martinez that way). There's not much at 154-160 that would make GGG get old overnight or look ordinary. Ward, Froch, Ant. Dirrell, Groves, DeGale, even this older version of Kessler and Bika, these fighters would all give GGG either a loss or a very tough 12 round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          How is 18KOs in a row over good opposition for fresh? He will KO an other top middleweight in a few weeks. Martin Murray who beat Martinez in Argentina and got robbed. GGG would be better off if he was 26 but at 32 he is still the best middleweight in the world by far and trying hard to prove it to all doubters.
          That's the thing, he can prove that all he wants. No one will care about the king of such a garbage division. Ask Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            That's the thing, he can prove that all he wants. No one will care about the king of such a garbage division. Ask Wladimir Klitschko.
            Agreed. MW is pretty ordinary at this stage. All the challenges are at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
              It appears to me, that he has kept fresh by not being in many wars. But by no stretch is he a spring chicken? I'm worried that if he doesn't land the prize fight(s) soon that he will be past it by the time he does.
              400 amateur fights, 31 professional fight training camps, 150 rounds in a professional ring, all while staying, basically, 160-165 the entire run. A lot of tread on the tires, tbh.

Just for comparison's sake, Floyd Mayweather Jr fought 100 amateur fight, has about 300 rounds in the ring as a professional, and is looking towards the exits (Floyd, based on sheer boxing ability, can probably physically fight at the top level for another 2-3 years if he wanted).

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                How is he gonna be in wars with his opposition? He has stayed fresh cause he hasn't run into someone like Andre Ward or Carl Froch and he is not going to anytime soon. He would destroy small Cotto, Canelo would attempt to box him, Quillen sucks, Murray throws 10 punches per round(and still beat old ass Martinez that way). There's not much at 154-160 that would make GGG get old overnight or look ordinary. Ward, Froch, Ant. Dirrell, Groves, DeGale, even this older version of Kessler and Bika, these fighters would all give GGG either a loss or a very tough 12 round fight.
                I slightly agree with the last part of your post but GGG is a MW. Has been his whole career, he wants to unify and be full champion. Until he accomplishes that, then he will move up probably. Ward, Degale, Groves are all possible options in late 2016.
                Last edited by PulpFriction; 01-31-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X