Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez.Very good fighter or GREAT fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez.Very good fighter or GREAT fighter?

If you were to describe Sergio Martinez.

Very good fighter or Great fighter?

(Not his 'legacy' or his 'resume', just his skills/abilities)
    Very good
    42.45%
    GREAT
    57.55%
    Last edited by Felixtito; 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM.

I say great. Hes very underrated mostly by mexicans butthurt their man couldnt finish him :P

Chavez i thought was underrated himself. He fought hard vs lee, rubio and zbik. He earned that shot. That was a high risk fight with little reward in respect since people underrate chavez imo with martinez at his age people are waiting to see him fall but when Chavez hurt him Sergio survived like a true champion would.

I think hes earned it where others may disagree ill give it to him. If he beats Quillin and Golovkin i don't think you can deny it. Hes not as great as Hopkins or Monzon doesn't have their incredible longevity but i think to be doing what he does at his age makes him better then very good. Hes not winning on youth and altheticism he wins on skill and will.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

very good in a weak division.

Comment

Very good.

He hasn't earned the right to be called great alongside the likes of the true MW greats.

Comment

I got him down as very good. Would take beating another titlist ot two to move him up another notch.

Comment

Another way ill put it is i consider Wlad very good but not great and thats because of longevity. But he has such a big reach and size advantage not to mention his competition is either skilled but terribly undersized like chambers, byrd haye and sultan where wlads jab size and reach nulifies them or they are big fat and slow heavy hitters like Peters and Thompson.

Whereas Sergio is smaller and older but is beating young hungry undefeated lions that are bigger younger and in shape with skill and will.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Comment

I think he's great, or at least had the potential to be if he hadn't started so late.

in his late 30's he's still competing and knocking out the younger guys. Despite his style being heavily dependent on speed and reflexes. That's something that you don't see very often.

Comment

he's a great fighter

people talk so much **** about his fights against barker and macklin, like those two fights discredit his entire body of work or his career, get real..

the top two at 160 are GGG and Martinez, it's the #1 fight that I wanna see right now

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                    he's a great fighter

people talk so much **** about his fights against barker and macklin, like those two fights discredit his entire body of work or his career, get real..

the top two at 160 are GGG and Martinez, it's the #1 fight that I wanna see right now
                    What exactly is his body of work? Getting his ass knocked out by Margarito? A draw with Kermit Cintron? Going 1-1 with Paul Williams? Beating a Pavlik fresh out of rehab (LOL, literally, he just got out of rehab before he started training camp. . seriously. not even joking) by like 7 rounds to 5?

Let's be real, Chavez jr. is a ****ing bull, but he's been boxing for like 7 years, LESS than HALF AS LONG as Martinez has been. . And he's handmade for Sergio's style - flat footed, and comes straight forward. . LOL, and he had Sergio wobbling around looking like a ho. . LOL, splattered him across hte canvas. . There's nothing "hungry" about Chavez either. He has a horrible work ethic, and at times, doesn't seem to care at all.

Look, before Martinez fought Cintron, he was fighting guys with records of 5-36 (seriously, like 2 fights before Cintron, he fought a guy like that). . .

When your best wins are Pavlik, Williams, and Chavez Jr. that's not enough to be great. . . Oh yeah, you also drew with Cintron (yeah, Martinez won, though), and got SPLATTERED by Margarito! LOL, watch the replay, Sergio slumped over helplessly against the ropes. 'Rito would have killed him if there hadn't been a ref. . Must be helpless feeling to know a man held your life in his hands. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X