Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Lennox Lewis win the world Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    still hard to even consider briggs was linear considering foreman won there fight handily. I remember only giving briggs 3 rounds
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. No way in Hell he won that fight.

The establishment just wanted big George out of the picture, I think. His novelty had run it's course. He beat the man (Moorer) and won the title; but then wouldn't fight anybody of note.

I think Briggs was given that decision because 1. He had connections and was being pushed towards being a "star", even though he had monumental shortcomings.....and 2. George, while still loved, was the past.

The decision given to Briggs was certain elements of the establishment making a statement towards the "future" of boxing, IMO.

Comment

I gotta watch it again, but didn't Briggs even say he lost the fight in the post fight interview?

Why are judges not punished for bad decisions more often? That's the only way I see stuff like that changing.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Do you feel he beat Holyfield?
        Lennox dominated the first fight and clearly one..

Rematch was much closer and could have gone either way.. Wasn't a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Lewis won both fights imo.

The second one was just closer. Lewis still won.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Agreed.

It still baffles me how that first fight could have been ruled a draw; but I will give Holy credit for showing up for the second fight, even though I still had Lewis winning.....it was a lot closer.

Comment

Working...
            X